light help!

triplethreat

problem: low beams and fog lights work fine, high beams dont work at all. What do I need to do to fix or replace? is it a fuse? Relay? Any help would be great trying to fix on my own before paying the dealer $$$ for them to change a $2-5 part.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
If you try to use the high beams do your fogs shut off? If they stay on I would suspect its the relay or switch.

RoyWoods

Established Member
problem: low beams and fog lights work fine, high beams dont work at all. What do I need to do to fix or replace? is it a fuse? Relay? Any help would be great trying to fix on my own before paying the dealer $$$ for them to change a $2-5 part.

Check your fuses first. The low beams are fed via a separate fuse than the high beams.

triplethreat

if i go to flip on the fog light they are off! All the fuses under the dash are still good, and the big ones under the hood are still good.

triplethreat

I had a set of dual beam HID about 6 months ago and after I took them out (all plug and play dual bulbs) I put the bulbs back in. I never checked them since the car went into storage. other than that never had a problem with them. can you guys think of anything else. Dealer was talking about $90-125 jsut to identify the problem.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Everything else works? Blinkers, taillights, emergency flashers?

Do the high beams try to light when you hit the flash to pass? (Pulling back on the switch)

It could be a multi function switch issue also.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If all fuses are food and everything else works and it is not by chance that both high beam bulbs are bad then,,,,

I'm stumped.

02silverstang

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
sounds like the light switch is out you might need to replace it its really cheap way to see if this works had a that issue a few yrs ago and it turned out to the head ligth switch .

triplethreat

your talking about the box the pull knob is connected too, right? how much do those run? if you guys dont know I check out oreily's and auto zone this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread