Light bar color questions

Zman04

Established Member
Those of you with a 04 Cobra Which color of styling/light bar go with.Midnight or med graphite. The color inside is true blk. But I got the bar from roush today.They only offer blk or tan.And I think it matches pretty good but just wanted to know.I sell roush where I work so thats why I didnt buy from CDC .Cdc sells it to Roush. Cant wait to install tomorrow. Do any of you use the 3rd brakelight cutoff?

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
midnight is black or close to it, that's what i installed. just out of curiosity how much did you pay for just the lightbar?
You might also want to order the lightbar switch so the brake light shuts off when the top is up.

Great product and super easy plug-n-play install

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

Zman04

Established Member
Cool yeah I thought the midnight was best match! My cost was about 370 but no freight or anything.I sell Roush products but of course Roush marks them up because they buy them from CDC. So my cost isn't great. BUt I had in stock so I got it so I didnt have to worry about freight damage from somewhere else.I ordered the brake light switch from haneymotorsports. He is supposed to ship out monday for me with my Cobra grill emblem. Do you have any kind of cover hard or soft or do you use a windscreen?

whtsnake03

Established Member
My CDC lightbar is midnight black and matches very well on my 03. Definitely get the switch to shut off the brake light when the top is up. I don't have a cover yet but hope to get a saleen style tonneau someday.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I have a yellow 04..with CDC bar. It said black but, it's really like graphite and matches my interior perfect. I have the brake light working...and as far as the cutoff switch..I would not worry about it. It is not that bright at all..and unless you carry alot of back seat passengers whose heads sit in the back window..they won't be bothered either. It takes 2 or so hours to get in but, it is worth it. I paid $370.00 for mine! It looks really nice!

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
For those that have the light bar, are they all the same height?? I was looking at a Saleen light bar but it looks shorter than the CDC and Cervinis. Anybody know for sure?? I found a Saleen light bar at a decent price but from the pictures, it looks alot shorter than the CDC.

whtsnake03

Established Member
astig00 said:
For those that have the light bar, are they all the same height?? I was looking at a Saleen light bar but it looks shorter than the CDC and Cervinis. Anybody know for sure?? I found a Saleen light bar at a decent price but from the pictures, it looks alot shorter than the CDC.

I think Saleen came out with a shorter light bar last year on the latest anniversary edition. Too short in my opinion.

Zman04

Established Member
I talked to CDC.They make the light bar for Roush and Saleen and Cervini's. I put the Roush on today. In the box there was directions from CDC.It looks awesome!!!. The midnight blk matches perfect.I am just waiting on the cutoff switch to come in. What did you guys do about the seatbelt holders.I took them out, I guess I will order the older ones or the Roush ones. Hey Cobra330 I also have a 04 Screaming Yellow vert. I am waiting to get my paperwork from SVT to see what# I am out of 167. That is cool that you are #1 out of 167.

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
Zman04 said:
I talked to CDC.They make the light bar for Roush and Saleen and Cervini's. I put the Roush on today. In the box there was directions from CDC.It looks awesome!!!. The midnight blk matches perfect.I am just waiting on the cutoff switch to come in. What did you guys do about the seatbelt holders.I took them out, I guess I will order the older ones or the Roush ones. Hey Cobra330 I also have a 04 Screaming Yellow vert. I am waiting to get my paperwork from SVT to see what# I am out of 167. That is cool that you are #1 out of 167.

I didn't think they could give your car number in the color run?? I asked about my number and all they said was that I was 1 of 440 produced. Sorry, back to your light bar topic....... :D

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Zman04 said:

Awesome that you have a yellow vert. I should probably state that better..as in 1 of 167 not that I am the first one built. I am still waiting for my numbers too..and certificate.

Go to Ford..they have seat belt holders that will work with the bar..I had a friend that gave me some.

Zman04

Established Member
Yeah Ford wanted something stupid like $36 each!! I ordered from Roush for $10 each. Hey Cobra330 what do you use on yor blk top to clean?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Zman04 said:
Yeah Ford wanted something stupid like $36 each!! I ordered from Roush for $10 each. Hey Cobra330 what do you use on yor blk top to clean?

Raggtop..it's the best stuff out there. Get the cleaner and protectant package.

Zman04

Established Member
Cool thanks. I did a search and that is what most poeple are saying.Is it pretty easy to use? Also what do you use for the lint? Something like for lint on clothes?

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Lint roll BEFORE you clean the top with Raggtop. If you don't then any dirt you spray over will undermine the integrity of the seal it creates for the fabric.

Users who are viewing this thread