Lifting

Vizior

Established Member
Well, the topic says it all, who lifts, who doesn't?

What's your favorite sets? Exercises? How long, etc.

Personally, I like abs, and triceps(butterfly and distance swimmer, go figure). For some reason I like to do skull crushers and then close-grip bench press without rest.

Normally, lift between 1 and 2 hours a day, none during swim season, though.

UCBeau

i lift a few times a week, mainly trying to work off the "fun" of summer.

and by fun i mean beer

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I lift five days a week, six if I can find the time after work on Sunday. I enjoy doing my back workout the best, and legs I dread but do them anyway.

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Three times a week. Would do more if I didn't have a wife that works and two kids. A dedicated leg day is pretty important...but I squeeze it in with shoulders on my third day. Really hate legs...but gotta do'em. Chest is my favorite, and pretty much my whole workout is geared towards chest and increasing my bench. I like bi's but since they have very little if any impact on bench - they are somewhat neglected and squeezed in on back day. Traps are my other favorite.

After a 15 year hiatus I just got back into it about a year ago. First 4 months were absolutely incredible. In that short time I got back what took me 3 years of hard core lifting when I was at my peak. Last eight months have been tough though - only added about another 15lbs to my bench to finally achieve my short term goal of 315 a few weeks ago. I'm 35 by the way and weigh in at 200.

QuikGT

Banned
Vizior said:
Personally, I like abs, and triceps(butterfly and distance swimmer, go figure). For some reason I like to do skull crushers and then close-grip bench press without rest.

Funny, i love skull crushers immediately followed by close grip bench also...really rips your triceps up....

Abs with cardio 3 times a week, regular workout 5 times a week...(1.5hrs to 2 hrs a day) 6'0" --189 lbs ...6% body fat..19" biceps :beer:

skajake83

far from stock
Established Member
I powerlift alot, just starting getting back into it. I want to get up to benching 400 at 200lbs or less. I like squat and deadlift more though, stronger at them.

Vizior

Established Member
Heh, I have more endurance muscle, so I'm not that big, nor can I lift enormous amounts. Swimming makes it all lean.

I've been meaning to get a body fat test done, not sure if my gym has it, though. Any suggestions for estimating?

Last edited:

03Cobra_hopeful

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ?
Established Member
I lift. Five days a week. 1.5hrs at a time.
Monday: Chest/Back
Tuesday: Shoulders/Forearms
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Biceps/Triceps
Friday: Chest/Back but dumbells for chest.

I could write out my routine, but I don't really feel like it right now. :sleeping:

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
EOD, my favorite is legs, and deadlift. my roomate finished 2nd this year in a lightweight division, which was his first show. he's trying to get me to do it, but i don't know yet. lot's of dedication. wish i could post a pic of him. he looks great.

-chiz

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Love doing chest. Havent lifted in 4 months now that i graduated college. This commute to work sucks. 4 hrs a day wasted on the frickin train and subway... hate my life. Want to go back to college with lots of drinking with hot girls 4 days a week.

gonna be pathetic one day when i start lifting again and i can only bench 275 a couple times... and i was getting close to 400 in college.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
I lift 5 days a week. I like the chest and shoulder exercises the best. 165lbs. 5' 11" (very little body fat)

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
03Cobra_hopeful said:
I lift. Five days a week. 1.5hrs at a time.
Monday: Chest/Back
Tuesday: Shoulders/Forearms
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Biceps/Triceps
Friday: Chest/Back but dumbells for chest.

I could write out my routine, but I don't really feel like it right now. :sleeping:

Pretty much the same thing. I lifted so much during college that I just want to be lean now. 6'7" 255#

-281 2V-

Established Member
BTW I'm 6'1" 200, looking to hit 225 or so and be a lean 215.

How much weight would you guys normally expect to shed in the cutting phase? I am fairly lean (but not defined) and wanting to get shredded after I hit 220+

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread