Life with Shelby - Part 1

Sparko

Established Member
Thank you Iceman for sharing that. I wonder why no one else has compared these fine cars like they did.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Nice article, very honest and did not hold anything back. So the verdict is in: several articles have stated that for track duty, the brakes are not sufficient. Duly Noted!

cbrmuscle

Established Member
If the biggest flaw with these cars is fixed with a simple brake pad and fluid swap... I am beyond impressed. Kudos Ford!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Nice article, very honest and did not hold anything back. So the verdict is in: several articles have stated that for track duty, the brakes are not sufficient. Duly Noted!

I have yet to read an article or see a video of an evaluation on the GT500 that didn't say the brakes were lousy. Some owners on here say it simply needs a higher performance fluid swap before tracking, now this article sounds like it's saying it needs a different pad on it as well. :shrug:

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
I enjoyed that very much, well done!
I assume for 14' we will only see color changes,
but it would be nice if Ford addressed the issue with the
brake fade. Im sure a different pad would help...although a
softer compound may cause excessive brake dust etc.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
I doubt that it does because I have not read that it does but how about a brake fluid recirculation system? wonder if that would be a help. I doubt We (as in our car) will ever need it but I think rouse got in trouble a few years back with nascar due to the design I said a few but it was quite a few years back that that happened or he propsed it and they said no something like that it keeps the brake fluid boil out of the caliper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread