Licesne plate bracket install.

a94cobra

Established Member
I just got my bracket from SonicBlur installed. I didn't know how I would like the kit, but it works good.

Only thing I didn't like was, it touches the underside of the front air dam and will eventually rub the paint there. So I put me some rubber on it so it wouldn't rub so bad. Something I think he should add to the kit. I realize the rubbing won't be seen, but I didn't want to trade drilling holes for rubbing the paint underneath.

Just a FYI, for anyone doing this install.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Any pics? I told the dealership not to f-up my bumper by drilling holes, but I know my wife is going to get a ticket. :bash:

a94cobra

Established Member
Pics.

This one I added some rubber to protect the bottom of the bumper from rubbing.
Licenseplatebracket.jpg

Licenseplatebracket2.jpg

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I still think putting it infront of the HE is the best option, but that looks ok too... Atleast you don't have the holes with plugs like me.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
I purchased a front plate bracket similar to that, but purchased it from Hermann. http://www.hbh.org/ It fits perfectly, doesn't rub, and it's black in color. I had my plate in front of the heat exchanger, which is a no no. :nono: Want as MUCH air as possible for cooling.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I designed my own metal bracket (Based somewhat SonicBlur's Design) that fits much tighter and holds the factory plastic plate bracket almost right against the bumper so you can barely tell that it isn't really mounted to the bumper. I've got some foam strips behind it to keep it from rubbing as well.

I call it the Stealth Plate Bracket. Here are some pics.

StealthPlateBracket1.jpg

StealthPlateBracket2.jpg

StealthPlateBracket3.jpg

StealthPlateBracket4.jpg

StealthPlateBracket5.jpg

a94cobra

Established Member
I didn't check to see if I could use my factory piece with Sonic's design.

Litespeed

CYAH
Established Member
Hey Vintage,

I was looking to make something similar to yours. Does yours rivet into the foam that's behind the front bumper cover ?

Users who are viewing this thread