LFP Power Steering Reservior Expansion Tank HELP!!

Nino S

Established Member
I just bought the LFP Power Steering Reservior Expansion Tank polished from them and I gave it to my tech to install along with my radiator and expansion tank. He just called me and said that there is no way that it is the correct part but after looking it up online it is the exact one that appeared in the picture.
http://www.lightningforceperformanc...-reservior-expansion-tank-polished-p-548.html

Anyone that has installed this piece I would reall appreciate some help here becuase we have the car apart right now and do not want to put the stocker back on. It seems like the mounting brackets are almost backwards from the stock one. Is this piece suppose to mount in the stock mounts or is it suppose to come off the expansion tank in some way? It did not come with any mounting brackets or anything, and I would think a piece like this would. Any help or pics is greatly needed!!

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
looks just like mine and had no problems.. maybe they sent u one for another car or something. is it the exact same as in the picture because thats how mine looks.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
My buddy John (WS6JJP) had the same problem, the bracket wasn't right or something like that. he ended up sending it back

black 10th vert

Established Member
That looks almost exactly like the Canton one that I have. It works great, but you need to grind the edges of the factory mount just a bit, so that the aluminum bracket can fit over it correctly. The inside radius of the bends on the aluminum mount interfere with it sitting correctly. If your "tech" can't make something this simple fit, then it's time for a new shop! It takes all of 2 minutes to modify the stock bracket with a right angle grinder, or even a file by hand.

Users who are viewing this thread