LFP Intercooler? Anyone do one?

04boostedstang

Established Member
I want to put my LFP intercooler on this week so I was just wondering how hard it was for you, how long it might take, and maybe some instructions on how to do it? Also HP gaines? Thanks guys let me know. :beer:

03zycobra

Established Member
It's actually a heat exchanger.The intercooler is under the supercharger. No documented horsepower gains, but your supercharger will run a little cooler. If you got the single pass exchanger it's a direct swap. The dual pass is still fairly easy but requires some modifications. The directions from LFP are pretty straight forward.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Lots of us use the LFP unit, it's fairly popular on here. Installation is pretty straightforward and shouldn't take you more than an hour. As far as gains, an upgraded H/E isn't generally considered to be a hp adder. It just improves your engine's ability to recover from heat generated by the blower, this helps keep IAT2 temps down so you'll be able to retain the power you are already making and recover quicker from back to back WOT runs.

04boostedstang

Established Member
ya sorry I know its called a heat exchanger and that the intercooler is under the supercharger, some people only know it as an "intercooler" so thats why I said that. I was wondering about HP gains because I saw somewhere about some type of gain and I didn't think it was true so I thought I would ask, thanks.

Busta1

Established Member
Easy to do. Easier if you can take the bumper off. Easiest if the bolts to the stock one aren't rusted on and then break!:fm:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I think mine took me a couple of hours to change and that included draining and refilling the system. At the same time I installed the heat exchanger, I also changed out the plastic reservoir for a larger billet one from LFP. :rockon:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Yes I have one and the rusty comment is on target. Use some kind of penetrating oil on the bolts beforehand. Then u need some semi gloss paint to paint the brackets. They will probably be rusty here and there. I have a original, I remember one hose was kinda short maybe they changed that. Had to shave some rubber on mount isolators, minor stuff really.

Users who are viewing this thread