LFP Innercooler Reservoir IAT Temps "how much lower"

Steel Horse

Established Member
Those of you who have this how much lower are your temps with this as opposed to the stock box? And how much lower does adding ice to it lower the temps? Im wanting to purchase one if I can justify the cost. Thanks all

- Aj -

Established Member
From seeing it in person, on a dyno, a Cobra with 2.76 upper only and dumping ice in the IC tank then cycling, I saw an honest 15-20whp increase on another members car.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
This weekend I drove back from Tampa / St Pete and the outside temp was around 93 - 95 degrees. The temp of the coolant coming out of the supercharger averaged between 105 and 110 degrees. I have both the LFP aluminum tank and the heat exchanger and they work GREAT!

ls1hater

Banned
I must be thinking of something diff. anyone got a pic of it? SO all that goes in it is ice and only when you are ready to race?

Steel Horse

Established Member
a0c3ca01bd.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

SlowSVT

Established Member
Will someone please explain to me how a larger reservoir sitting in a hot engine compartment made of heat conducting material will reduce intake temperature? Putting ice in there will only last a minute and will actually get warmed by the HE before it goes into the engine. It will also dilute the anti-freeze, reduce water pump lubrication and corrode the intercooler system.

ls1hater

Banned
thats kinda how I was thinking

SlowSVT said:
Will someone please explain to me how a larger reservoir sitting in a hot engine compartment made of heat conducting material will reduce intake temperature? Putting ice in there will only last a minute and will actually get warmed by the HE before it goes into the engine. It will also dilute the anti-freeze, reduce water pump lubrication and corrode the intercooler system.

Steel Horse

Established Member
works the same way as a larger radiator works. The ice will only last a run or two. Its not designed to last all week...... You only run straight H20 with this not antifreze. Antifreze will boil before H20 will anyway. You are not lubricating anything with the innercooler anyway, you are only circulating fluid thru it so that it cools the intake charge/temp down before it enters the motor. Lower temp #'s = more HP! Thus the first question, how much lower does it lower the temps?

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
I picked up 30 rwtq and 20 rwhp on a Mustang Dynometer by icing the blower for 5 minutes and throwing a couple hand fulls of ice in the LFP resevoir. Well worth the money spent.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It WILL NOT lower IAT2 temps on the street. But, at the track, drained and filled a couple times with ice, you'll see 30 degrees less at IAT2 and probably a gain of 10-15 HP.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Steel Horse said:
works the same way as a larger radiator works. The ice will only last a run or two. Its not designed to last all week...... You only run straight H20 with this not antifreze. Antifreze will boil before H20 will anyway. You are not lubricating anything with the innercooler anyway, you are only circulating fluid thru it so that it cools the intake charge/temp down before it enters the motor. Lower temp #'s = more HP! Thus the first question, how much lower does it lower the temps?

The boiling point of water is 212* F or 100* C. The boiling point of antifreeze is 388.4*F or 198*C. You my friend are wrong.

Ethylene glycol solutions became available in 1937 and were marketed as "permanent antifreeze", since their higher boiling points provided advantages for summertime use as well as during cold weather. They are still used today

Users who are viewing this thread