LFP H/E install pictures

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Thanks! It was a pretty easy and staright forward install. Just wanted to make sure it was done right, and with taking the pictures, it took a little longer.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Looks really good the one thing I would suggest is puting up some kind of screening to protect the HE from bugs and road debris, i have a freind who out one like your in and it already has a few bent spots from crap hitting it, just a suggrestion, good write up by the way

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I was looking into getting one, but 2 people on here who make them have never gotten back to me :shrug: I guess I will have to fab up one of my own. Thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

Sonic Snake

Established Member
Chris_H said:
I already posted them in this thread http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=152184 so I figured I would link you there. Had I thought about it, I would have made a separate thread for it.

Excellant write up man. I just installed my LFP H/E yesterday and I wanted to add for anyone who may run into the problem I had, which is that the drivers side hose was way to short to reach the new outlet location. The fix is easy. The hose bracket that's on the passenger side that holds the metal tubing in place can be loosened to allow the pipes to slide, allowing for the extra length I need to make my hoses connect to the fittings. :beer:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Sonic Snake said:
Excellant write up man. I just installed my LFP H/E yesterday and I wanted to add for anyone who may run into the problem I had, which is that the drivers side hose was way to short to reach the new outlet location. The fix is easy. The hose bracket that's on the passenger side that holds the metal tubing in place can be loosened to allow the pipes to slide, allowing for the extra length I need to make my hoses connect to the fittings. :beer:

Hmmmmm, so I didn't have to bend that bracket to get it to fit!? I figured it could be undone some to get extra length, but it was just as quick and easy to bend the bracket :kaboom: Oh well, live and learn! I hope this helped if you used it to install yours!

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
And for what it's worth, you DO NOT have to take off the front bumper to do the work. It made it easier for me to take the pictures and to take my time with it. If I don't have to lay on my back to get the job done, I would rather not. Having taken the bumper off once, I could probably get it off the car by myself in less than 10 minutes. Definitely worth doing.

Chris

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Hey chris, I like your new Sig. Very cool. It is similar to one that I was working on. I am still up in the air, but mine does need to be updated. My car looks nothing like what is in my sig now. :beer:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Thanks! I posted some pics in the 1 hour photo and asked for some help. MustangMike made this one for me and it's great! :rockon: Now if I could just learn, or better yet find the time to learn, how to use photoshop I would give it a try on my own.

Chris

GTE

Established Member
How much coolant must be drained? Trying to plan ahead & make sure I have enough coolant on hand.

Trmin8r

Established Member
I did it today.... Thanks for the write up, it helped me a lot.

As far as coolant goes, you need 1/2 gallon. Then 1/2 gallon distilled water.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Sorry GTE, I didn't even notice you had posted in here. Between the new resivoir and the H/E I added 1 gallon of distilled water and that was it. There was enough coolant in the intercooler that I didn't worry about adding anymore. We rarely get below freezing here, and we almost never stay below it for more than 1/2 a day.

Trmin8r, glad the write up helped! Would like to see how the car looks with it on if you have any pics.

Trmin8r

Established Member
I'll take some pics and add them.

As for installation.... Take the bumper cover off. It takes about ten minutes, but will save a lot of time, and gives you so much more room. A trim tool would be a really nice thing to have handy while you are doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread