LFP Cooling mod?

gopats76

Established Member
I am thinking of doing the the LFP cooling mod and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it and did it show any sign of improvement?? I searched already but did not really get any type of "results" info. Thx in advance.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
I bought it about 3 weeks ago, still sitting in the garage with all the other parts that need to go on. Instructions seem pretty straight forward once the blower is removed. I'll do mine when I put the Whipple on.

gopats76

Established Member
Cool. Keep me posted. Did anything lead you to by this one over the Even Flow Cooling Kit? I figure it is because you are taking the blower out anyway. I just really do not want to drop the xmission and was wondering if the LFP mod offers the same results

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Turkish said:
I bought it about 3 weeks ago, still sitting in the garage with all the other parts that need to go on. Instructions seem pretty straight forward once the blower is removed. I'll do mine when I put the Whipple on.

Are you going whipple? Jackass! :p Now I have to get one too, lol.... Hey I'll buy your seggy offa you if you still have it :) Holla at me man.

Bullitt4110

Established Member
gopats76 said:
Cool. Keep me posted. Did anything lead you to by this one over the Even Flow Cooling Kit? I figure it is because you are taking the blower out anyway. I just really do not want to drop the xmission and was wondering if the LFP mod offers the same results
The LFP and Even flow are the same thing. LFP buys them from even flow. I put one on when I did my Whipple. You are not going to notice a difference in power, it just keep the hot coolant from staying in the back two cylinders. If you have the supercharger off go LFP if you have the trans out go LDC.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Bullitt4110 said:
The LFP and Even flow are the same thing. LFP buys them from even flow. I put one on when I did my Whipple. You are not going to notice a difference in power, it just keep the hot coolant from staying in the back two cylinders. If you have the supercharger off go LFP if you have the trans out go LDC.

+1 on LFP = EvenFlow.

So the EF and LDC are just two paths to the same results?

gopats76

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
+1 on LFP = EvenFlow.

So the EF and LDC are just two paths to the same results?

+1 What is the deal? Evans is the one you have to take the trans out right?? Still confused:shrug:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
gopats76 said:
+1 What is the deal? Evans is the one you have to take the trans out right?? Still confused:shrug:

LDC needs the trans pulled.

The LFP/Even Flow kit needs the blower pulled.

The Evans kit is more involved, it includes new thermostat, waterpump, radiator, oil cooler, etc.

gopats76

Established Member
So I am good with the LFP?? I have absolutley no need to pull my trans out. I just replaced my clutch and upgraded my input shaft bout 6 months ago and this is NOT my daily driver.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
gopats76 said:
So I am good with the LFP?? I have absolutley no need to pull my trans out. I just replaced my clutch and upgraded my input shaft bout 6 months ago and this is NOT my daily driver.

Go for it if you wanna pull the blower

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Snarf, I have been lazy and never pulled the Eaton off to send to Stiegy! As for the rest of my parts, I have everything to support a Whipple minus 60# injectors. So I figured I would go ahead and save the $700+ for a Stiege port and put it toward the Whipple. FORDSVTPARTS (Steve) is selling the black Whipple's for $3006.00 shipped. But, my cousin is the parts manager at Ford and get's me what I want at cost. So I'm gonna check with him and see what he can do for me. Might as well get you one too, we'll do the install together. PM me and I'll see what I can do for ya on a Whip.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
A majority of Terminator owners still feel the LDC cooling mod is a better way to provide coolant flow to the rear of the drivers side head than the Even Flow kit. Seems to me that they both will provide the same result and some folks actually do both!

But good news is that a buddy of mine has now done 4 Even Flow kits without removing the blowers.......little tight in there, but can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread