LFP 3/8 spacers.. Chime in please!

beeradd

Established Member
Please chime in with any experience running these spacers. I installed roughly 60 miles back and have rarely driven the car due to weather. It has been a pretty spirited 60 miles though lol. I have been checking the torque and it seems that I have had to retorque the lugs a few times. Is this bad.. or just new parts.... also installed new afs 10.5'' wheels at the same time. I have had people tell me it is risky to run this type of spacer because it can back off or break studs. I haven't read of any negative feedback on here so please chime in with comments.
Thanks

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I am running a set from when they first came out, probably mid 2004.
And with the same AFS wheels.
Never had a re tightening problem.
I am also running the extended lug nuts that AFS provided. If you are not running either the extended lugnuts, or longer studs with open ended nuts you may be stripping the inside threads on the nuts you are running.
At least I hope it's only the nut's threads that may be failing.
It's a lot easier to replace the nuts then it is the studs.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
When I added the 3/8" LFP spacers I also replaced the stock studs with some extended studs from ARP. That would be my suggestion to you.

Why risk it? :shrug:

beeradd

Established Member
I have been thinking it over, when I took the wheels off the first time the lugs/hub were pretty rusted. after cleaning them up I applied a light coat of high temp grease. Perhaps this could be my culprit. I think I might clean them back up including the lugs and retorque dry. I will post results

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I run these, put 15k on the car with them. I did my research and knew to torque often for first few hundred miles. I always checked and it was required for about four or five drives. Also found a lot of people stating how dangerous these were, but with a "heard of a guy who knew a guy" type of base for their knowledge. Only one case I could find mustang related on spacers from a guy who bought eBay spacers he knew from the get go were junk. My .02.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread