Lexus or Audi

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I agree with everything but this part.

View attachment 1606122
The problem is after 50k miles that interior will show as much wear as a 200k mile Lexus. They don't seem to wear and even a 15 year old Lexus doesn't have any rattles some how.

I agree the interior in the Audi's is second to probably only Volvo for attainable cars, at least in terms of appearance/comfort, and that's pretty subjective.

_Snake_

Established Member
The problem is after 50k miles that interior will show as much wear as a 200k mile Lexus. They don't seem to wear and even a 15 year old Lexus doesn't have any rattles some how.

I agree the interior in the Audi's is second to probably only Volvo for attainable cars, at least in terms of appearance/comfort, and that's pretty subjective.

That pic was taken with 26 (twenty six) miles on the odometer. I’m about to pass 30k and it looks exactly the same.

Knock on wood, I’m also squeak and rattle free.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I’m reading a reoccurring theme here.
Lexus: nice, inexpensive to maintain, reliable, peppy, Much better resale value

Audi: expensive to maintain, problematic, nicer car, really fun to drive.

Fixed it for you.

shurur

Established Member
lol this is retarded, audi would fall apart period.

Like I said, my brother is in the dealership industry and no other manufacturer has the most OP codes except Audi. OP codes are codes for different issues and problems. The fewest in the industry are Toyota and Lexus.

OP, if you're looking for something luxurious, reliable, has nice interior and great resale value the lexus is a great choice.

fwiw: I dont own a toyota, my accord is the only japanese vehicle i currently own.

2002 Audi a4 3.0 mt6...230k miles...bought it with 130k miles..
NOW...having said that..
IMO The reason the Audis cost so much to maintain is that a lot of mechanics just are afraid to work on them; they are overly complicated cars. The joke is "If the part can be built with two moving parts, The Audi engineers would figure a way to design it with three."

The reason Audis have so many codes and their own proprietary interface is because they have a lot of sensors on the car. The diagnostics tell you much more than obd2 can.

I get around everything by working on my own cars..the laptop, and VCDS software and cable was a $500 investment up front.

Ford and Toyota assembly lines are virtually the same. They have borrowed so much from each other. The quality is good. My brother was a quality control sensei in the automotive industry. He only buys Toyota.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread