level 5 hub

astippich

Established Member
Does anyone else know of a hub that fits the level 5's other than the dss one? I need to find one asap. The dss hubs keep failing me and Frank claims improper wheel bearing instalation. This is now my third failure in less than 10000miles. My tuner was a ford tech for over 20 years and also raced late models for years is the one who did all the instalation. I'm 100% confident that he can press in a wheel bearing properly.

Last edited:

astippich

Established Member
I'm not a mechanic ,but the hub gets loose/sloppy on the spline and on my first failure the hub was cracked into pieces. I've went through all proper torquing and new ford axel nuts.

dougwg

Established Member
DSS are the only ones that make them.

Maybe send everything to them and have them install the bearings :idea:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
dougwg said:
DSS are the only ones that make them.

Maybe send everything to them and have them install the bearings :idea:

Not a bad idea at all! A little down time and shipping costs...but that should eliminate any installation issues.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
you do need to support the inner race of the wheel bearing when pressing in the hub.

only way a hub can go bad relative to the bearing is if it spins inside the bearing. that happens when the axle nut isnt tight enough. the axle nut is what preloads the rear wheel bearings.

oh and doing something wrong for years just means you got really good at doing it wrong. im not sayin, im jut sayin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread