letting PSI Motorsports hack into my cobra!

Mattio

Established Member
My lower torque boxes are a little deformed and cracked... PSI Motorsports quoted me to weld in Wildrides lower S-Boxes and upper reinforcements also kenny brown extreme matrix subframe connectors.
Has anyone had a similar job done to their car? how much did the shop charge you?
Curious as this will be the first thing I will not personally be doing to my car due to my lack of welding skill...

ttype69

Established Member
Ill say this mine are messed up also. So I know that is needs done, price I couldn't help with but if its a irs car it could be costly, ball park starting at 600 in labor + parts would be good guess. I know that summit sells a weld in kit for like 50 bucks so I was just going to get that one and do my lowers only my uppers are fine. I plan on doing the work myself when I get to it Also I noticed in your mod list you have 410 gears what is it like driving with that power level

I have a vid of mine it will show you my torque boxes at about 1.2 min in to the video

[youtube_browser]wF5_plv1jp4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

perry2k12

Established Member
Blaine at PSI was the original owner of my car and built the motor in it 30k miles ago. Still runnin strong!

Mattio

Established Member
Ill say this mine are messed up also. So I know that is needs done, price I couldn't help with but if its a irs car it could be costly, ball park starting at 600 in labor + parts would be good guess. I know that summit sells a weld in kit for like 50 bucks so I was just going to get that one and do my lowers only my uppers are fine. I plan on doing the work myself when I get to it Also I noticed in your mod list you have 410 gears what is it like driving with that power level

I have a vid of mine it will show you my torque boxes at about 1.2 min in to the video

[youtube_browser]wF5_plv1jp4[/youtube_browser]
Yea parts for me will be around $500 and labor around $750... the 4:10s in my car are a little ridiculous!! 1st-3rd are almost useless on the street and shifting into 5th around the 1000 ft mark at the track is annoying. I have 3:55s ready to go in when i get around to it

Blaine at PSI was the original owner of my car and built the motor in it 30k miles ago. Still runnin strong!

Ive heard nothing but good things about PSI's work... only bad thing ive heard is the difficulty to get in contact with them (phone, email, etc). Funny thing is out of 6 different shops local to houston, PSI is the only one to respond to me after a week!!

Mattio

Established Member
this is what im trying to get installed...
wildridesadjustabletorqueboxes.jpg

PWTV_Wild_21-300x200.jpg

has anyone had wildrides adjustable lower torque boxes installed??

ttype69

Established Member
this is what im trying to get installed...
wildridesadjustabletorqueboxes.jpg

PWTV_Wild_21-300x200.jpg

has anyone had wildrides adjustable lower torque boxes installed??

is your car sra or irs?? Im prob going to have to run my 410s for one more summer before I change them I got a deal on a kb 2.2 so im just going to put that in instead of doing a full diff rebuild this year.

I estimate labor at 100 dollars a hour so at 750 that's 7.5 hours

if your car is irs then that's acceptable price but if its a sra car then it should be closer to 400 to 600 depending on how those go in Do you have to cut out the old box or does that just cover it??? idk but if you had a sra and those boxes just cover the stock ones I would only pay 3 to 400 for just the lowers. Honestly its hard to say but 750 sounds fair for everything you want done.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I did the wildrides on my 92GT. My originals were cracked and tore. I put them in myself and never had an issue again. I bolted them in!

Users who are viewing this thread