letter from stealership

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Basically it warmed me up saying "we need some older inventory, so why don't you come on down and buy a new car"

How many here get these letters? I've had my cobra since Nov 2003, why the HELL do they need my car now?

Just a ploy to get me to buy another car?

hmmm

:shrug:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Yeah, A desperate ploy... and not new.
Sure they would gladly give you $9,000 for your 500hp Cobra so you can buy a Hybred.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Holy wow, first time I've ever heard about that ploy. After buying my 03 focus, all I've been getting is service ads and crap like that. Im surprised too, because I moved to another different state. Stealerships want your money bad I guess.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
I have gotten that before on a truck I bought from a used car dealer. They told be how desirable my truck was and that they wanted to to trade it in on something else. They are just trying to get you to give them the Cobra and pay full price for a new car. I guess there and people out there dumb enough to fall for it.

paxton5.0

Established Member
I get these all the time. Its a ploy to get people in there and make them think that the dealer will give them a good offer for their trade. In reality they will lowball the shit out of you like always:beer:

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
Funny that you mentioned this. I recently got a letter from Lexus stating that my car is in such high demand that they want to buy it back from me. I laughed... I am sure they would offer me like 24k which to say the least they would make a large profit on.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
lawl... I could always go look and dangle the letter in front of them.. at the bottom it says "bring this letter with you" and that there is no "extra copy available"

'tis funny

Got Boost?

Established Member
my father go one on his terminator a few years back. they try to get you in there to move a new vehicle. the more space they have open, the more newer models they can get which = more money. used vehicles dont count on the inventory when purchasing new models.

04YellowGT

Established Member
I was looking to trade me EB Explorer in a few months ago for an Explorer with black interior but they didn't have any. Well I got a phone call saying one came in, a Black 03Limited, black interior w/ 68000 miles. I have a Black 05 EB fulley loaded w/ 48,000 miles so I told them I wanted $3000 cash back which they aggreed and told me to come in. When I get there they told me they would give me $500 cash back. LOL

I told them they were f***ing crazy. My EB had a 10year extened warrenty with it and brand new tires and the paint was in way better shape than the 03 too. They kept showing me bottom dollar whole sale prices for my EB and top dollar KB prices for the 03. I told them told them to f*** themselves and too call me when it has sat of there lot for 6months like the 01 L w/ 50k miles has. They just can't figure out why no one is buying it with the $19k dollar asking price. LOL

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Does anyone get the dealer letters that say

scratch here and if your number matches the one on the right you win.

Then you read the fine print and it says

''the number you scratched off does not give you a choice but an opportunity to win a prize''

everyone wins

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I got something like that a while back about trading my truck in. It was a letter sent by the dealerships office personnel that almost lost them a new car for nothing because of the letter's wording.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I get those a lot as well as the ones warning me that my warranty is about to expire and I need to purchase an extended one. Course those warranty ones are for cars I sold several years ago.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
it's just a way of getting people in the door. the more people that come in the better chance they have at selling cars. be honest guys, have any of you ever heard of a car dealership "in need of older inventory"?
the dealership i worked for did the same thing. only theirs were along the lines of "we have a customer looking to purchase a vehicle of the same make and model you own! since your vehicle is in such high demand, we can give you an excellent deal on a new/used vehicle of your choice as well as a great number on your vehicle"

it's a half assed marketing tactic and complete bs

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
it's just a way of getting people in the door. the more people that come in the better chance they have at selling cars. be honest guys, have any of you ever heard of a car dealership "in need of older inventory"?
the dealership i worked for did the same thing. only theirs were along the lines of "we have a customer looking to purchase a vehicle of the same make and model you own! since your vehicle is in such high demand, we can give you an excellent deal on a new/used vehicle of your choice as well as a great number on your vehicle"

it's a half assed marketing tactic and complete bs

personally, I'm waiting for them to have a week, where nothing is on sale.
I was looking for my Terminator and just for giggles went and looked at 05 Roush Stage 1's...45,000.00. Salesman asked what I thought and I told him it was very nice. I asked what kind of power it had, he told me it has 300hp. I asked him what the perks were of buying this 45,000.00 Roush with a stock block..over a Terminator with 400hp and untapped higher HP potential for 25,000.00.. He was silent. I told him "thanks". and walked off.. dealers FTL

Qwk GT

Established Member
I get them too. Mine usually say the same thing, they are looking for low milage vehicles. I never went in or resonded figuring it was just a way to get you in.

Users who are viewing this thread