Lets talk C6 ZR1s

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
OK mother****ers, looks like I am going to close on a 2011 infernal orange. I have been rock hard since I saw it. Debating whether or not to ship it straight to tuner or do this over the winter.
Is the car in Texas by chance? If so I have seen the listing on IG and thought about trading my car for it but I think I’m just going to take a break for a while. Beautiful car and rarely seen to be honest.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Is the car in Texas by chance? If so I have seen the listing on IG and thought about trading my car for it but I think I’m just going to take a break for a while. Beautiful car and rarely seen to be honest.

That's the one. I did not want to mention it before I closed it for fear of one of you suckers snatching it out from under me.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Dude, thats going to be hard to not go past 1k whp.

Shit, I vote ditch the blower and go Twin Turbo LSX 454 on alcohol.... :D :D

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I have decided that ~750 whp is the sweet spot for a street car. You cannot use much more than that on the street and much less than that gets boring. I think that amount in a vette will be super fun.
Thought I replied to this last night. That is the perfect level for these cars. Cam, Kong Ported Blower, Throttle body, pullies, fuel, intake, exhaust will be plenty. Cam is not necessary on LS cars if you do Flex Fuel which is so ****ing convenient.

I would do American Racing 2” headers with 12 cats (if the E…P…A) is watching. The sound is glorious.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Thought I replied to this last night. That is the perfect level for these cars. Cam, Kong Ported Blower, Throttle body, pullies, fuel, intake, exhaust will be plenty. Cam is not necessary on LS cars if you do Flex Fuel which is so ****ing convenient.

I would do American Racing 2” headers with 12 cats (if the E…P…A) is watching. The sound is glorious.

Thanks man. I talked to my tuner and he said that he will not touch it if I do the inline fuel pump. These are a nightmare to tune right so it looks like I am going with a Fore system. I was hoping to avoid the cost of this but better to do it right and the tune will be much better.

The only other things I am torn on:

1. 2650 or stock blower?
With all the porting, splitter, and bypass lid the stock blower should be plenty. Also, I have come around to the idea that a slightly smaller blower well cooled is much better on the street. I would rather have the hit down low than a lazy blower that builds up top. I went through this with the VMP IIr vs III and I actually liked the II better.

2. CAI?
I have not spent much time on this but there does not appear to be too many options. Holley makes one and Kong makes one. The Kong appears to be super bad ass but I have to run a Lingenfelter snout. This may be worth doing unto itself but not sure.

I will say that the LS9 responsiveness to bolt ons is incredible. For instance the intake alone adds +50whp.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Definitely do the fuel system right the first time. I wanted to do a DSX low side due to cost but ended up going with RPM’s custom setup which is 2.5 times the price but worth it when breaking it down.

The 2650 is useless unless you plan on pushing 1000+whp. The ported stock will get you to 900 maxed out (Cam, E, meth). I would do everything Kong offers for the stock blower (they have the GM blowers figured out) and port the snout as well. GM leaves a lot on the table in those areas on their stock blower casings.

Definitely do some cooling mods as well. The stock heat exchanger can get overwhelmed quickly on stock boost levels.

helloWorld

Established Member
I guess I don't understand the issue with Aux Fuel pump?

A lot of us, including myself, have been running the DSX aux fuel pump kit on the LSA's (CTS-V2's) without any issue.

I just looked at my latest WOT log on my V2 making high 700's to the wheel, I was at 72% injector duty cycle (ID1300's on E75) and 70.46 psi fuel pressure (DSX aux fuel pump with DW in-tank pumps) @ 6800 rpm.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I guess I don't understand the issue with Aux Fuel pump?

A lot of us, including myself, have been running the DSX aux fuel pump kit on the LSA's (CTS-V2's) without any issue.

I just looked at my latest WOT log on my V2 making high 700's to the wheel, I was at 72% injector duty cycle (ID1300's on E75) and 70.46 psi fuel pressure (DSX aux fuel pump with DW in-tank pumps) @ 6800 rpm.
Could be a tuner thing. Lund Racing wont touch your car anymore unless you do exactly as they tell you regarding your fuel system.

Users who are viewing this thread