Let's see those REAL dogs...

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh yeah, she’s very comfortable. If you look close enough you’ll see her diaper. She worried me when she got on the pillows. Amongst all of the other issues she’s having her incontinence has been really bad. She turns 12 this Halloween. She’s gonna get her steak and mashed potatoes. She’s gotten it every year since I’ve had her. However onto the bad side of things. She’s gotten so bad with her hips I’ve now begun researching a group that does the euthanize treatment at home so she can be comfortable. I’d like to get her cremated as well after the process.
Sorry to hear this Dan.
That sucks.

LS WUT

Established Member
12 years of being loved and loving back is a great thing. I have gone thru the life cycle of several dogs over the decades and the loss just hurts. If it doesn't you may not be human anymore. I hope you have some great memories and make a few more.
Growing up we used to breed Dobermans. I’ve had several dogs thru out my life. She’s by far been my biggest pride and joy. I’ve had her since 3 weeks old. I’ve only been away from her for 1 week out of the entire 12 years I’ve had her. That was the trip we took on Route 66 for my father’s passing. But I brought her to nc for a trip, and then picked her up on the way home. This dog is my world, since I don’t have kids she is my partner in crime. I heard this saying once and it was beyond accurate. “A dog takes up time in your life, over a decade. However for a dog they spend their entire life with you”

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Growing up we used to breed Dobermans. I’ve had several dogs thru out my life. She’s by far been my biggest pride and joy. I’ve had her since 3 weeks old. I’ve only been away from her for 1 week out of the entire 12 years I’ve had her. That was the trip we took on Route 66 for my father’s passing. But I brought her to nc for a trip, and then picked her up on the way home. This dog is my world, since I don’t have kids she is my partner in crime. I heard this saying once and it was beyond accurate. “A dog takes up time in your life, over a decade. However for a dog they spend their entire life with you”
Treat her like a queen! Sounds like it has been a mutual love and that is a great thing in this world these days.

LS WUT

Established Member
Treat her like a queen! Sounds like it has been a mutual love and that is a great thing in this world these days.
Even with all the cancer, surgeries, everything she still smiles like a champ. She loves truck rides, and getting Starbucks pup cups.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0404.jpeg
    IMG_0404.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0411.jpeg
    IMG_0411.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0412.jpeg
    IMG_0412.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0579.jpeg
    IMG_0579.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0902.jpeg
    IMG_0902.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0888.jpeg
    IMG_0888.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4056.jpeg
    IMG_4056.jpeg
    718.8 KB · Views: 67

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Found out a few weeks ago my 12yo Piper has cancer. Large cell lymphoma they said. He had his first chemo treatment this week and responded really well, I think. He had tumors in his neck and I can’t feel them anymore and a bigger one under his arm has shrunk significantly.
Even if all goes well they said maybe only a year for him.

So Piper was doing incredibly well since he’s had chemotherapy treatment and out of the blue about a week ago he wouldn’t eat and he’s been going downhill ever since.
Today was supposed to be his final treatment and the vet only gave him 1 to 4 weeks.
I’m going to miss him terribly, but I take comfort knowing he lived a full and happy life.

This picture is from several years ago

IMG_2874.jpeg

This one is five minutes ago

IMG_2875.jpeg

LS WUT

Established Member
So Piper was doing incredibly well since he’s had chemotherapy treatment and out of the blue about a week ago he wouldn’t eat and he’s been going downhill ever since.
Today was supposed to be his final treatment and the vet only gave him 1 to 4 weeks.
I’m going to miss him terribly, but I take comfort knowing he lived a full and happy life.

View attachment 1814662

View attachment 1814665
Terribly sorry to hear about this. It’s so hard to say goodbye to a dear friend. I hope you can find peace knowing you gave him an incredible life. I know this is easier said than done. We don’t truly deserve dogs, but I’m damn sure glad we found some good ones.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

View attachment 1814662

View attachment 1814665

Piper's a great looking dog. Ugh. So sorry to hear this. You've done everything you could.

Steve you 100% nailed it when you said, "I’m going to miss him terribly, but I take comfort knowing he lived a full and happy life."

^That the best dog owners can do right there.

I get to see this every day. It's a paw print from our last Sheltie, "Peaches". Our son surprised us with it after we had put her to sleep. A real cherished keepsake.

1698405161160.jpeg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1814662

View attachment 1814665

sorry to hear that, it's rough having gone through all that but you did everything you could for your friend. I hope you're able to have enjoy some good last times together.

Users who are viewing this thread