let's see those in-car IPOD/MP3 player set-ups

02silver2v

Established Member
Here is my set up. It is actually a cell phone holder but fits the IPod perfectly.

hiddenmeadows31ti3.jpg

hiddenmeadows28kw6.jpg

Slowbra01

Established Member
If possible, please post how you were able to connect your ipod/mp3 player to the radio...preferably the stock radio. Have been askin around for a LONG time and no one seems to have the answer. Maybe someone out there has an ipod connected to the stock radio? subscribing =)

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Slowbra01 said:
If possible, please post how you were able to connect your ipod/mp3 player to the radio...preferably the stock radio. Have been askin around for a LONG time and no one seems to have the answer. Maybe someone out there has an ipod connected to the stock radio? subscribing =)

FM transistor(sp?) They usually plug into the lighter socket and u dial them into a certain station OR you have a HU that has an adapter for an mp3 player.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
Slobra get the Neo Ion adapter if you have an iPod. I don't have a link right now, but if you do a search for Neo Ion on this board you'll find a great write up on it by a member here. I bought mine about a year ago (around $200) and it connects directly to the stock MACH 460 unit. I don't know what I would do without it. I'll try to get some pics of the set up this week.

dhummm

Established Member
Hey 02silver2v ,
Nice looking install!
I have a discreet line in connector in my console to hide it and use a cheapo remote for it. I will try to put up a pic soon.

Ralph-

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
93LXHatch said:
Dont use FM transmitter thingy, music sounds like crab. Audiobahn makes a head unit that you can control your Ipod from, meaning you can just lock it in the glove box and use it. Very neat.

Mine works awesome :shrug:

Jefe

Established Member
Ive got mine setup to come out from under the dash and the wire run by my right side and into the center console. No need to have the Ipod out in the open when youve got full Ipod controls through the Alpine deck. You can see the wire being run under neath my seat and it comes up by my seatbelt buckle:

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

Punisher302

Established Member
ah, that's cool. i was thinking about donig the same--running a wire under the center console and just connecting the mp3 player inside the armrest.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
I don't really have any good pictures for now, but here's one that you can at least tell how mine is set up. Very handy and it's easy to reach. I also have the cord running down under the console.

2185531_95_full.jpg

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
Beat me to it...mine is pro-fit. Here is the packaging it came in with the model number.
Cobra_Stuff_018.jpg

69Mach1351w

Established Member
dude, i have the same MP3 player (e260) obvious the ipod stuff doesnt work for us, so the neo and many others are out the door. check out my post in the terminator thread. I have been listening to my 260 for about 2 months now, and it only cost me total ~ $75.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305510

if i can ill try to get pics, they will be crappy but where i hid the unit, no one knows, until i point it out.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread