lets play: whats that sound!!!

bhollie

Established Member
when im accelerating i get what i can only describe as tranny/shifter noise from 1500 to about 3000 rpm where it abruptly stops and doesnt happen in the upper rpms. I tried an MGW shifter and its still there so now i dont suspect anything in that area. it almost sounds like a grinding/blower whine. i already had the throwout bearing/clutch/flywheel replaced for this under warranty as well and it didnt do anything. where else can i look???

thanks.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Eh, might want to try backing the shifter stops off just a little bit. Or check out Cobrabobs shifter gaskets.

bhollie

Established Member
ttt

actually i already bought a MGW shifter and cobrabobs gaskets and it still there.
any other ideas??

it kind of sounds like its coming from the dash area sometimes. but the speedo is digital /electric right?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Well, there is a TSB for rattling center air discharge vents. Check the small torx bolts that hold the instrument cluster in.

Yes, the cluster is all electronic, save for the boost gauge, it is mechanical.

bhollie

Established Member
ttt

are you talking about the ac vents on the dash?? if so i know its not that, well, im pretty sure, i guess they could rattle at lower rpm, just wouldnt think they would stop so suddenly at a certain rpm.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread