Let's play "guess the body shop estimate"!

How much will the body work cost?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jlg32281

Established Member
I'm a complete retard! :bash: I bumped an Armada in the Wal-Mart parking lot and really messed up my car. I'm taking it to a body shop tomorrow, if their open, or on Monday. Let's hear the guesses, how much do you think the quote will be just for the body work? I've already ordered the light mounting piece and new light assemblies. Who thinks the hood can be salvaged or a new hood too? I realize I'm not getting acurate quotes from you guys, it's just for fun for ya'll while I sulk in my mysery. Enjoy.

wreck007.jpg

wreck006.jpg

wreck005.jpg

wreck004.jpg

wreck003.jpg

wreck002.jpg

wreck001.jpg

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
Really depends on the shop, new fender/hood/headlight support, plus paint and install $2500 atleast

If you were smart, locate the parts yourself, pay to have them painted and install yourself- $500

Last edited:

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
I'd love to see someone buy the hood, support, lights, and fender.....THEN have the hood and fender painted, all for $500 :poke:

Bring it to me I'll spray the hood and fender for $250 ALL day....

Local guy here on Mi. has an OEM Cobra hood for $150obo
94-98 Fender (dime a dozen @ salvage yard) $50 TOPS
Support (salvage yard) $100 TOPS

Any questions?

I never said he could buy OEM shit from the dealer and have it sprayed for $500, but here in MI. SN-95 crap is dirt cheap and not highly sought after,, LOTS of salvage yards in the D

So maybe I'm wrong... SN-95's are like gold in MA? LOL

Last edited:

97cobratiny

97cobraTiny
Established Member
My bro wrecked his Malibu, went to Body Parts of America and got a fender and hood for like $200. In the same trip they picked up a complete front grill for my dads 98 Chevy 1500 (hit a deer) for like $80. I would check them out, if you want new.

Fender Body Parts of America

Hers the site so you can look around Body Parts of America

jlg32281

Established Member
I don't really care about the hood for now. The car only has to make it for another year or so and then it will go under the knife. I'm considering just pulling the fender straight enough to fit a new light in. I'm going to be doing close to a ground up build on it in a few years and I can worry about getting it perfect then. We'll see what the body shop says. I'm taking it to a shop that I've had do all of my work before and they've always given me good prices and honest opinions. I also know a laborer from south of the border that does body work CHEAP. I'll keep my results posted.

jlg32281

Established Member
I thought I ordered new lights, but I didn't. Before I do, is there a difference between the Cobra lights and any other 94-98 Mustang lights? I saw one on ebay that specifically said, "will not fit Cobra models." I did order the light mounting thing that goes across the whole front, $35 bucks with free shipping on ebay. There are also headlights for $25 and corners for $25, so $50 for the lights. So far, not so bad. It's the hood that's going to hurt. I'll have to find one local because shipping a hood would cost as much as the hood. I'm sure I'll find something here in Houston.

jlg32281

Established Member
Wow that sucks. How fast were you going when you hit the armada?

Less than 5mph. He was in front of me at me at a stop sign to exit the parking lot. I looked to my left and there was no traffic coming, and I never looked back in front of me to make sure the guy had already left the stop sign. Well, needless to say, he was still sitting there playing on his phone. It never crossed my mind that someone might stay at the stop sign longer than it takes to see if traffic was coming. I had just started moving, then the Armada stopped me rather upbruptly. My heart fell to the floor.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Really depends on the shop, new fender/hood/headlight support, plus paint and install $2500 atleast

If you were smart, locate the parts yourself, pay to have them painted and install yourself- $500

agreed on everything. You hit it just right to where you need a lot replaced. I agree with BlownCobra on getting your own parts as well. It will be MUCH cheaper.

Slither

Established Member
Used hood, fender, bracket and lights. Have a shop paint, install yourself. VERY cheap. Anyone who would pay 1000+ to have those parts painted/installed PM I have some land I want to sell. IF it was a brand new paintjob, had to be blended I could understand. From looking at the pictures though, the cars exterior was allready showing some age and throwing 1000+ to have a few parts of the car look great again is not what I would consider smart. Hell, my paint guy here does color changes for 1200. He done my supra and after 4+ years it still looks as good as it did when he got done that day. I realize places have different rates I guess what I am saying is I wouldnt spend 1000+ to have a few parts painted/replaced.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
If the color is solid ( no metallic or pearl) you could probably get away with just painting the hood and fender, but the right way to do it and show no sign of repair would be to blend the right door and left fender, that way there is no color difference. Good luck.

tt54l32v

Established Member
you could also spring for a diff syle hood, maybe cobra r or even carbon fiber stock style. and not have to paint it, might be to much for your budget right now though.
i got mine stock replacment new from keystone for like 350, but the first one i got through latemodel and it was junk so they said keep it and will buy you a new one from whoever you choose. the header panel was cheap through them, and you might as well get the lights you want. fender was cheap too.

Users who are viewing this thread