Lets beat this horse one more time...

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I know this has been discussed a lot but I'm still not 100% satisfied with all the info I've read on the internet.

I've spoken with BJ and was a big help and I don't want it to come off as me not believing or necessarily being satisfied with his answer, I'm still just curious as to what others think.

I had my 08 gt500 with a vmp tvs and 2.5 upper/stock lower pulley tuned. It made 660whp.

My stock boost gauge is reading ~7/8psi at wot. The car should be and probably is making ~15-17psi at wot.

I realize the stock boost gauge is inferred but I've read all about the maf transfer function and how manipulating it could affect this.

The million dollar question is: if my car is making the boost it should be with the blower/pulley combo it has, do I have anything to worry about?

I'm going to have it put on a dyno to make sure it makes the boost it should be as the tuner who tuned my car does not gauge boost while tuning it.

Comments?

MastaAce03

Established Member
If it’s making that kind of power, you’re definitely pushing 16-17lbs. Just get an aftermarket boost gauge if you’re worried about it.

To answer your question, there’s nothing to worry about as long as your tune and octane are what they’re supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If it’s making that kind of power, you’re definitely pushing 16-17lbs. Just get an aftermarket boost gauge if you’re worried about it.

To answer your question, there’s nothing to worry about as long as your tune and octane are what they’re supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care what the stock boost gauge says I'm just wondering if there are other issues that need to be addressed.

That's all. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread