Lethal Triple Pump Fuel System

Red_Stang_225

Established Member
Hi,

I am tuning mustang GT 2006 with mammoth 2.8. A lot of mods are on such as mmr 302 short block, mmr heads stage 3, comp cams stage 3 …etc

My problem is, the fuel pressure of the system that I have (Lethal Performance 05-09 GT Triple Pump Fuel System) never gets steady. It fluctuates rapidly at idle, cruising, which makes tuning the MAF little bit impossible. Please advice!!!

The fluctuation is 10-15 psig

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hi,

I am tuning mustang GT 2006 with mammoth 2.8. A lot of mods are on such as mmr 302 short block, mmr heads stage 3, comp cams stage 3 …etc

My problem is, the fuel pressure of the system that I have (Lethal Performance 05-09 GT Triple Pump Fuel System) never gets steady. It fluctuates rapidly at idle, cruising, which makes tuning the MAF little bit impossible. Please advice!!!

The fluctuation is 10-15 psig

That's a real big fluctuation which you shouldn't be seeing. On our 08' GT500 we ran the same system. At most during idle on an autometer electronic fuel pressure gauge I'd see 1-2psi fluctuation.

When tuning this or any other system that uses different pumps than what was originally in the car you need to make sure to tune for changes in the PIDs as well as the fuel pump voltage tables. If you haven't done that then it's certainly possible that you will see what you're seeing now.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread