Lethal T56: Any experience?

navyfc117

FNG
Established Member
Lethal RPM T56: Any experience?

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...s-level-iv-03-04-cobra-t-56-transmission.html

Bought a cobra on Saturday. Sunday night I was doing a dyno pull and it wouldn't come out of 4th afterwards. Haven't really pulled the shifter yet or anything or cracked it open. But in the case I do need a new transmission has anyone tired one of these out? They mention that some of the problems are adressed. I really don't feel like going through the headache of installing a magnum and swapping over to 26spline etc. The car made 533rwhp and about 470tq. I really don't plan on making more power anytime soon. When the clutch is ready to be replaced I will upgrade to a 26 spline then. I just want the car back on the road ASAP.

Thanks

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...s-level-iv-03-04-cobra-t-56-transmission.html

Bought a cobra on Saturday. Sunday night I was doing a dyno pull and it wouldn't come out of 4th afterwards. Haven't really pulled the shifter yet or anything or cracked it open. But in the case I do need a new transmission has anyone tired one of these out? They mention that some of the problems are adressed. I really don't feel like going through the headache of installing a magnum and swapping over to 26spline etc. The car made 533rwhp and about 470tq. I really don't plan on making more power anytime soon. When the clutch is ready to be replaced I will upgrade to a 26 spline then. I just want the car back on the road ASAP.

Thanks

If you are going to buy a built tranny, buy one with the 26 spline and do the clutch now. I have an RPM built level V and it works great. Plenty of other guys who run RPM built trannies too.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I'm pretty local to RPM transmissions and let me tell you they do some freaking fantastic work. Since it's local I hear about a lot of people who get transmissions from them. They build a hell of a T-56, lots of Corvette guys I've talked to around here have nothing but good things to say about them. Definitely get a 26 spline input shaft now, don't wait and have to do it again. With the power you have a hard launch will certainly destroy a 10 spline lol

Last edited:

navyfc117

FNG
Established Member
Just found out my car already has 26 spline. So at this point it's about the same price to do a magnum. How exactly do you shorten the drive shaft and modify the cross member. Anyone have a link to a good thread? Thanks again.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Just found out my car already has 26 spline. So at this point it's about the same price to do a magnum. How exactly do you shorten the drive shaft and modify the cross member. Anyone have a link to a good thread? Thanks again.

You need to find a shop that specializes in driveline work for the driveshaft. My transmission shifts MUCH better than it did stock. Has taken some abuse over the years too.

Users who are viewing this thread