Lethal Performance Cooling mod vs Connecting Rear Cylinder Head Cooling Ports

Sleepinbeauty

Established Member
Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with both types of cooling mods. I don't see paying $200 for overkill billet fittings for a cooling modification. I know the parts are nice but what's the point when all the other factory cooling fitting are stamped out sheet metal with o-rings. That is why I'm interested in the Lethal Performance fitting at $99 on eBay. I know as a cheaper alternative you can also modify a factory fitting for the passenger side, but I'm not sure it will clear the EGR tube on my '99 with the factory Cobra intake. I'm building this engine rather quickly by myself so I hope no one is getting annoyed with all the posts. I just want to be thorough and I try to do a search before I create a new one.

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Last edited:

Sleepinbeauty

Established Member
Yes that is the cooling mod that I'm referring to. You said "centri." Are you referring to a centrifugal supercharger? I'm not familiar with that term. I do plan on putting a centrifugal supercharger on the car in the future. Possibly a Vortech.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The hose size on this system looks to be somewhat on the "small" side. The system will become less effective if you can't move a reasonable volume of coolant. The LDC system uses a 5/8" ID hose which is a descent size.

Here is an even flow system I made which dumps in the front crossover but can be made to tee into the heat exchanger. I try to avoid any right angle fitting in the system.

Cobra%20modified%20coolant%20outlet%208_zpsco5b0ump.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes that is the cooling mod that I'm referring to. You said "centri." Are you referring to a centrifugal supercharger? I'm not familiar with that term. I do plan on putting a centrifugal supercharger on the car in the future. Possibly a Vortech.
Correct. I was referring to the centrifugal set up. I like the style that goes behind the engine just from a aesthetic point of view. But they're a pain to install and fix if something goes wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread