Lethal Offroad H review and pictures

fullboogie

Established Member
I finally got the Lethal offroad H-pipe installed on my '07 this afternoon. After installing what feels like dozens of midpipes over the years, I can truly say that this one was just a breeze. There's not much to report - it fits up to the manifolds just right, tucks up to the floor nicely, and the hardware is good quality. One word of warning, though - it will smoke like a crack whore when you first start it up due to the oil coating. All in all, definitely worth every penny.

As far as sound goes, for me it was waaay too loud with Stingers. I then installed my large oval Maggies and drove home from my buddy's shop. It's going to take some getting used to, because the sound definitely changes - louder, more raw. But that's a matter of finding the right mufflers at this point.

A few pics:

DSC_4052_zps51445587.gif

DSC_4056_zpse876ebaa.gif

DSC_4052_zps51445587.gif

DSC_4051_zps1605a61d.gif

DSC_4057_zpsd67cf4a1.gif

DSC_4053_zpsf18330f3.gif

DSC_4054_zps0859b018.gif

A look at the crossover section, which is fantastic compared to what I've seen in other pipes over the years:

IMG_0014_zps17f425d0.gif

IMG_0015_zpsbb7a0da5.gif

Last edited:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
No video? Please post one because I was going to order this with the Maggie's. I currently have muffler deletes and I know it will be way to loud with this H pipe.

2nd2none

Established Member
looking forward to some sound/video clips. I'd probably go back to stock mufflers If I got this H pipe

Mopower

Established Member
I installed the Lethal performance O/R X pipe Saturday on my 2012. It sounds great with my stock mufflers.

DaFreak

Established Member
fullboogie,

You mentioned louder but did the tone changed too? Wondering if it got deeper?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Hey...

I installed the Lethal performance O/R X pipe Saturday on my 2012. It sounds great with my stock mufflers.

Any chance you can do a sound clip? Have stock exhaust now on my 2010 and looking at the O/R H pipe with Stock mufflers. Just would like to hear something close with Stock Mufflers.

fullboogie

Established Member
fullboogie,

You mentioned louder but did the tone changed too? Wondering if it got deeper?

I was running a modified stock catted midpipe with an H section before this, so there was not much change in tone. There are really only two changes I noticed: (1) it's louder; and (2) the rpm at which the sound "peaks" in volume has moved from the 1800-2000 range to what seems like the 2000-2200 range. It could be my imagination, but it does seem to be there.

As far as my mufflers, I may change my mind on the Maggies. Because I was hauling my stock H pipe back home from the shop, I had the back seats folded all the way down. This morning on the way to work, with the seats up, it was much better. At the end of the day, I will say that the offroad H with Maggies is actually a slight bit tamer than the stock catted H with the Stingers.

And to those who've asked, yes of course I changed the tune.

Kewlv8

Established Member
I was running a modified stock catted midpipe with an H section before this, so there was not much change in tone. There are really only two changes I noticed: (1) it's louder; and (2) the rpm at which the sound "peaks" in volume has moved from the 1800-2000 range to what seems like the 2000-2200 range. It could be my imagination, but it does seem to be there.

As far as my mufflers, I may change my mind on the Maggies. Because I was hauling my stock H pipe back home from the shop, I had the back seats folded all the way down. This morning on the way to work, with the seats up, it was much better. At the end of the day, I will say that the offroad H with Maggies is actually a slight bit tamer than the stock catted H with the Stingers.

And to those who've asked, yes of course I changed the tune.

Since you are in non-rural Texas, are you going to need to put the cats back on to pass emissions?

fullboogie

Established Member
Since you are in non-rural Texas, are you going to need to put the cats back on to pass emissions?

Unfortunately, yes. I've done this every year for a long time. It sucks, but I have the use of a lift anytime I want so it's not so bad. The only funny part is that my buddy owns a Corvette shop, so I have to go in on Sundays so his clients don't get their panties in a wad when they see a Ford on the rack.

Last edited:

andymarkv

Established Member
Did you use the pipe to manifold inserts?
Did you use the one that looked funny? Or did you have Lethal send you a new one?

It looks like a quality piece!! Mine is safely tucked away in my garage until the spring....

It sucks having to swap pipes every year... I've wondered about splitting a cheap converter and welding the empty can back over the pipe just to pass the visual.

fullboogie

Established Member
Did you use the pipe to manifold inserts?
Did you use the one that looked funny? Or did you have Lethal send you a new one?

It looks like a quality piece!! Mine is safely tucked away in my garage until the spring....

It sucks having to swap pipes every year... I've wondered about splitting a cheap converter and welding the empty can back over the pipe just to pass the visual.

I did use the inserts. When I brought it to Lethal's attention that one of them was funky, John freaking overnighted another one to me. Talk about customer service!

The only thing I may end up doing is using some 4" stainless band clamps at the rear, where the H pipe connects to the over-axle pipes. The factory Ford claims are okay, but on my GT they did tend to leak. So, $20 in NAPA parts might be worth it. Otherwise, I'm real happy so far.

Users who are viewing this thread