Lethal O/R X and Roush axle back

CobraHuck

Established Member
It will make your hair stand up on the back of your neck if you stand behind the car. It's ls1 with off road y-pipe and slp loudmouth loud.

Finally! Somebody describes this in a way that I truly know how loud it is lol. Not totally happy with my Kooks so I've been looking at others. GLWS :thumbsup:

NTXRockr

Established Member
The sound is gloriously loud...I have Macs, which are similar but deeper in sound than the Roush axlebacks, and they maintain their deep grumble at idle (even more pronounced outside the car but somehow QUIETER on the inside?!?) and sounds like pure awesomeness. But once you open up to WOT...it's pure automotive sexiness, as it growls from 2-3k and the screams like a banshee from 3-7k. It literally turns heads and gets all kinds of attention for the right reasons, and definitely has been the envy of muscle car enthusiasts this past weekend.

Just one thing for anyone who has installed this x-pipe...it seems to be pushing my mufflers back all the way against the vertical part of the hangar (furthest adjustment of the rubber hangars) and my right exhaust is actually rubbing hard against the body and spare tire well (the ball connection at the OTA pipe and muffler) and producing a bad rattle or vibration at lower speeds. The left one occasionally does it too but the right one especially...it seems the x-pipe is longer than the stock h-pipe, and is pushing the OTA pipes back further to where they rub on the body and push the mufflers back as far as they possibly could go. Anyone else have this issue? We've tried to readjust and tighten the pipes to hold them in place better, but to no avail. My only solution so far (that I can think to do next) would be to cut the stock OTA pipes about 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter where they connect to the x-pipe inside the sleeve, which would give better clearance by moving the pipes forward some yet maintain the axle clearance and be covered inside the sleeve. Do you think this would work??? Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread