Lethal H or X....

Yellow4.6

Established Member
Looking into picking up a Midpipe for my '12 GT only mods so far are Roush AB's and a tune ( performance wise ). I know a lot of people say the Roush's are too much with an O/R pipe......but kinda looking for a mean nasty sound. I use to have LT's, O/R H and Magnapacks on my old 4V. If I don't like it I've already got a buyer for the Roush AB.

Anyway.........I've always had H's or Prochamber's on all my previous Stangs. I've heard the X's make alittle more power and i'm open to trying an X.

What does everyone recommend to run with the Roush AB? I know it usually comes down to preference between the two.......so any sound clips are a plus!

Any only considering Lethal Midpipe's based on their reviews!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
with roush ab i would try an h pipe because i had them with my x pipe and they sounded like total shit.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
X vs H on these cars make literally no power difference. 1-2HP. Lethal even links the article about it on their website I believe.

Also, I had the roush and o/r X and it was the worst sounding car I have heard. Raspy and just insta loud. Drone like none other.

So with the H remove the raspy sound but you'll still have the insta loud and drone.

I now have Borla S-Types and because of my terrible experience with the O/R X and the Roush I won't ever buy roush axle backs again.

Regardless like you said, you have a buyer, I still vote H to keep that nasty rasp away.

drewzx3

Established Member
X vs H on these cars make literally no power difference. 1-2HP. Lethal even links the article about it on their website I believe.

Also, I had the roush and o/r X and it was the worst sounding car I have heard. Raspy and just insta loud. Drone like none other.

So with the H remove the raspy sound but you'll still have the insta loud and drone.

I now have Borla S-Types and because of my terrible experience with the O/R X and the Roush I won't ever buy roush axle backs again.

Regardless like you said, you have a buyer, I still vote H to keep that nasty rasp away.

Have a video of your setup? ALso still have resonators?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
My stock cats are welded to my bassani 3" true x pipe with the stock resonators and gt-500 mufflers, 0 rasp pure controlled sound.. Not obnoxious but it can be heard especially when you get on it! Gonna upgrade to that off road x-pipe, should sound awesome afterwards.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
get a pair of Jegs SS cat deletes and save some money for other mods.

I'd second that...I went with Steeda deletes. If and when I go with a full exhaust I'll flip them but until then you can beat the deletes bang for buck.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Any sound clips of the GT500 and Lethal combos?

I have this set up...no clips but they're on youtube. It sounds insane. A little rasp ( I removed my resonators so that might be it) but damn does it turn heads. And the power gain was definitely obvious. Th GT500 mufflers are some of the best sounding mufflers I've heard. :dancenana:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I have a Lethal H, gt500s with the stock resonators in place. The H has a nicer, deeper rumble to it rather than the higher pitched X pipe. I really like my setup because it gives it a nice muscle car sound that isn't too loud. Sounds great at WOT, but still tame driving around in 5th and 6th gear and no drone.

In my opinion, any offroad midpipe combo with Roush mufflers is just WAY too loud. I want my car to sound good, but not be NASCAR loud attract every cop within a mile of me. Some of you guys driving around with these insanely loud combos are crazy. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread