Let The Summer Mods Begin (PICS!!!!)

roushstage2

Established Member
I painted the brake calipers yellow, then scraped the letters off and painted them, and the brackets black.
771478_14_full.jpg

771478_15_full.jpg

771478_16_full.jpg

Then I put in lower springs. Here are some before and after pics. Now I think the stance is perfect. I didnt want it too low, because its already lower than most Cobras, and I wanted to be able to keep my front fascia, looking good.
Before:
771478_22_full.jpg

771478_23_full.jpg

After lowering:
771478_17_full.jpg

771478_18_full.jpg

771478_19_full.jpg

771478_20_full.jpg

771478_21_full.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Do you think I should paint the rear calipers, or leave them like they are?

DCAN87

Established Member
Definetally paint the rear. The car looks really good man. Keep up the good work.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Yes, you should paint the rears. That was the first thing I noticed and it bothered me. You have to keep it uniform. But damn, with the roush body kit, that car looks really really low. Looks good.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Paint the rears. Also I wouldn't be worried about the front bumper....I'd worry about the side exhaust, that sucker is low. I like how you painted the brackets black :thumbsup:

stangfreak

Established Member
car looks tight bro. yea paint the rear as well. otherwise, the car is insane bro. beautiful

roushstage2

Established Member
Zinc03Cobra said:
very nice, I'm fond of yellow :) if you don't mind me asking, what kind of paint did you use on the calipers? I would worry that it would flake off.

I ended up using Duplicolor high temp paint called daytona yellow. I bought the Duplicolor yellow brake painting kit, but the color was way off, it looked more like the 2004 yellow color not the zinc yellow. But their daytona yellow matches perfect to the zinc yellow. I dont know if it will chip off, I wouldnt think that it should, but if it does I can just touch it up.

ROADKILL

Established Member
Before seeing your car I wanted to vomit when I saw Zinc Yellow, but man you have one sweet ride. I think the lowering looks really good, although with the Roush kit it was already low. The calipers look good painted. Overall, sweet ride. New respect for Zinc Yellow now.

Users who are viewing this thread