Let the GT's rip it up with some TIGHT Competition! Indy May 12th

smokedmustang

Established Member
Hello there fellow car enthusiast,! This is the DO NOT MISS event in '07. Please check out the site, and you will see for yourself. Please spread the word for us and the sick kids who this benefits! Or just include this event on your EVENT calander. REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW! Please ask questions if you have any.

Dr. Kevin Butterfield
Winged Warrior Chairman

Please Join us on this special day for the kids at Riley hospital. This is a NOT FOR PROFIT event, and will have a SHOOTOUT (Import vs Domestic),a Racecar/exotic car/motorcycle/ and CARSHOW on the grounds. Please help us spread the word to fellow racers in the midwest. We all Thank-you for helping us. We are expecting crowds of 10K, and if you want to inquire about vending/sponsoring, please inquire!

For Immediate Release:

To: LOCAL Potential Sponsors/Vendors/Racers/Carshow participants:
For: The Kids at Riley Hospital for Children (Indianapolis)
When: Saturday May 12, 2007
Where: O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis
http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com (formerly Indianapolis Raceway Park).

More info on www.wingedwarrior.net click WW FORUMS.

Check these out to find out what we have done for the kids.

http://media.putfile.com/WW2-Teaser

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/gallery3/index.html

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/gallery2-1/index.html

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/gallery2-2/index.html

111477586-M.jpg

111476878-M.jpg

ORP2A.gif

www.wingedwarrior.net in a nutshell, it is a Charity event for the kids at the local Childrens hospital, where we all get together, and give with our hearts, as well as our right foot!! AMS took the championship last year, but the competition will be stiff next year for sure.

Photos of Team Imports Roster for the last event:

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/oldsite/RosterTeamImport.html

Photos of TEAM USA Roster for the last event:

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/oldsite/RosterTeamUSA.html

Here is lots of photos/videos of ALL events we have had for the kids!

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/media.html

Some photos from last week at the track. to be used for promotional materials More to follow!! Thought I would share.

116879267-M.jpg

116879252-M.jpg

116879237-M.jpg

116879175-M.jpg

116879158-M.jpg

116879089-M.jpg

116879077-M.jpg

116879061-M.jpg

116879034-M.jpg

116879009-M.jpg

116878999-M.jpg

HAHA....I found the promo for this year!! NOT CURRENT EVENT PROMO!!!!!

Photoshoot for WWII. I notice they put the "USA" plane behind the IMPORT team, and the Russian plane on the other side! :p OOOPS.In case you were wondering, we parked the cars, they were lined up at the gate, and SOMEONE let the RED LUMINA in on the photo!! NOBODY knew who he was, obviously a "sneek in". How frickin funny!!

wwiitest7.jpg

Enjoy!

wwiiphotos021.jpg

WWII016.jpg

wwiipotos13.jpg

wwiiphotos.jpg

wwiiphotos15.jpg

wwiiphotos14.jpg

wwiiphotos13.jpg

wwiiphotos12.jpg

wwiiphotos11.jpg

wwiiphotos10.jpg

wwiiphotos9.jpg

wwiiphotos8.jpg

wwiiphotos7.jpg

WWII024.jpg

wwiiphotos6.jpg

wwiiphotos5.jpg

wwiiphotos4.jpg

wwiiphotos3.jpg

wwiiphotos2.jpg

wwiiphotos1.jpg

Last edited:

smokedmustang

Established Member
Last edited:

smokedmustang

Established Member
Just a tid-bit of news: We will have the "TECH PARTY" on May 11th, at the track. This will be a time to meet your new team members. We will be having a cookout as well, and this will also be the time to rip it up the track, for some testing and tuning to get ready for your "battle" on May 12th. (Test and Tune is Optional)

Again, I stress that this event, ANYONE can register!! Sign up for this, as I bet you will kick yourself May 13th if you didn't. If the registration is closed, and you didn't throw your hat in the ring for selection,you might just have to wait for WWIV!

We cannot also stress the fact enough, that there will be a HUGE carshow, with everything on wheels expected to be there-LOTS TO SEE AND DO!! Carshow entrants can be done via the website, OR at the gate. There is PLENTY of room for you guys for the show! Pass this info on to the people you know, who "JUST WANT TO SHOW!!

There will also be Vendors there as well. Just go on the site, and click FORUMS and "watch" the chatter-discussions there. Definetly worth the trip!

smokedmustang

Established Member
Anyone from here want to "let the dogs eat"?;-) :rockon: Got some interest. You know you want to dice it up against the Ferrari's and Lambos!! Come on and jump in!:pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

smokedmustang

Established Member
Ok, who's near Indy, and want's to rip it up for fun? If you are on the "TEAM USA" roster, you actually ONLY have to do 1 drag pass, and 1 autox pass, if you dont want to put 5 drag/3 autox passes on your cars. It will be fun! For the kids, lets step up to the plate!:thumbsup: :beer: :beer:

smokedmustang

Established Member
I guess the easiest way to explain this event to someone is: We want to see which team of 65 cars (import or domestic)scores the most points! (DRAGS the AUTO-X, and the carshow portion.) (not to be confused with the GENERAL CARSHOW!). This event will test the teams capabilites in STOPPING/TURNING/BRAKING and FLATOUT ACCELERATION!! So that part is the team effort. What your STRONG event is, may be your teammate in another classes weakness- got to help each other out.

On top of that, whatever "class" you are in, you also will get to vie for trophies amongst your class: 1/2/3rd place in all events! It will be quite a fun/exciting day all the way around. So........If your car is just better suited for drags, YOUR TEAM STILL NEEDS YOU!! and if your car is better suited for AUTOX, YOUR TEAM ALSO NEEDS YOU! So don't think you can't enter due to (Enter excuse here) because you CAN! No expierence is needed, and there will be cars from BONE STOCK, to highly Modded. Bone stock Imports will run against Bone stock Domestic cars, etc... Whatever car you have in your garage right now, is PERFECT for this event! Register it!

Last edited:

smokedmustang

Established Member
Just a heads-up on what is going on:

Registration to race has a little over 4 weeks to go, so if you want to join a team and compete in WWIII, you should get in BEFORE registration closes Mid March. Again, you don't have to have a modded car, OR Expierence to enter! You will be in a class with the same type of car you drive now!! Don't be intimidated........seriously. Enter with a friend if you want, and you can duke it out together.

If you want to enter the GENERAL Car/bike/truck show, that PRE-registration will open within the week, and you can even register for that at the gate if you want to, on May 12th.

Anyone interested in becoming a Vendor, you can also contact us about "Early Bird" registration on that also, BIG savings on that as well. Great place to market/sell your products in front of TONS of people-Great exposure for you.

The registrations are coming in all the time, and this event is shaping up to be a doozy! It is going to be LOTS OF FUN! Don't delay on getting in, if you do, you just might kick yourself if you decide to join after it's too late!

TELL A FRIEND/ Pass the word on if you know someone who would like to race/show with us! Thanks.:rockon:

smokedmustang

Established Member
Getting close to closing the registration for the racers. Racers REGISTRATION CLOSES ON MARCH 15th!!!! If you want to race, must register by then. If you want to "show" your car, you can register at the track on Race/Show day, May 12th.

This is your friendly reminder.

smokedmustang

Established Member
I am not sure if I posted this, too many pages to read,:lol: but here is the BATTLEFIELD! Ready??

Here is the area we will be "stretching" our legs!! Looks like a FAST track no?

RED lines show where we want to run the autox, not the actual course layout. LOL. Still has to go thru the MVSCC on to how much of the area we want, will be used. more on that later. Autox area has been repaved in areas!! Nice surface!

ORP2paintednewdec.gif

smokedmustang

Established Member
I guess the Ariel Atoms and Nobles have to play without a GT. Unless we get some to jump in soon.:coolman:

Dear fellow gearheads, I wan't to personally thank you for letting me in your "home" to promote this event. I really appreciate that. There are only 2 weeks left to register for the race. Please keep that in mind, for those of you still on the fence.

Some of you on here have registered already. Check the site on April 2nd, to see the photo lineups of the teams. (On the Winged Warrior site)

You guys can register to enter the carshow, on the website, or at the gate.

I will back out of here now, and tend to the tasks at hand- gearing up for the event. If you have any more questions or comments, you will find me over on the www.wingedwarrior.net site, same screenname. You can also email me personally at [email protected] We hope to see you out there, either racing/showing, or just being there for the kids.

Again,Thanks for looking in!!

Kevin Butterfield

smokedmustang

Established Member
Joe, Corey Haffner said get your butt registered! (let Joe TT know for me!);-)

If You are still interested in racing, you have ONE WEEK LEFT to toss your hat in the ring! Final boarding call.......... Carshow peeps can register any time, even at the gate! Teams posted April 2nd! Don't think the car you have is not good enough, it is! Raceday: MAY 12th, will be here before you know it!

smokedmustang

Established Member
These guys are not getting our trophies, they are going for the TUNERSHOP trophy!

ANY TUNER SHOPS want to race??? Please let them know, there is a class for them also! :) FUN FOR EVERYONE!!

The boyz at AMS are returing in the "Tuner Class". They are bringing the Drag Car, AND the Time attack car.
1amsshpeppe.gif

1amsshop.gif

1amsshoppe.gif

1amsshopper.gif

1amsss.gif

smokedmustang

Established Member
If you want to enter the "TUNER CLASS," (Shop cars welcome also) you can run on ANY tire you want! Gutted interiors, slicks, switch drivers etc.. You can also change tires from autox to drags if you want. 4 days left! the regular field is packed, lots of cars to choose from. This class is open, must meet the criteria also. Pm me on the other site for info, I have to help pick teams, and will be too busy to come back here and check the replies (If there are any-LOL)REPRESENT your local speed shop!!! Make them proud!

Users who are viewing this thread