Let me get this straight....Brock Lesnar on the cover of UFC 2010?

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
The guy who missed several months last year due to an intestinal illness (rumored to be long-term effects of steroid use ahemWWEcough) and is still a long way from coming back somehow got put on the cover?

I mean they said he lost an insane amount of weight, something like 40+ lbs, and they expect him to make a splash this year? He's not a seasoned veteran, he's still very new and missing that much time this early in the development of a fighter is extremely detrimental. Just to put that 40 lbs back on is a huge mountain to climb let alone getting into fighting shape.

I just love how Dana White goes on Jim Rome and bashes organizations that use "side-shows" and "circus clowns" to make money, yet his unproven "poster child" (surely with his influence) made it onto the cover of UFC10.

I mean what would people say if EA put Tom Brady on the cover of Madden the season he sat out with a bum knee?

Bottom line is this is the worst time, if there ever is a good time, to put Brock Lesnar on the cover of that game. Since he's been gone no one has missed him, no one has talked about him, no one is crying for him to come back. He's been all but forgotten because people realize he's a cash register, not a fighter.

If I were one of the elite fighters who paid my dues I'd be pounding down Dana's door right now. It's ridiculous that he's willing to shrug off his legendary fighters that gave him the chance to sign Brock in the first place, in favor of a marketing machine. I'm sorry but without the legends that built (and are still building i.e. Penn, Hughes, Couture) the UFC it would be no better off than elitexc was.

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
I can't say for sure cause I don't have the numbers, but around here MMA is on the decline. The UFC used to be a hot topic, but now it's meh. It's going to be interesting to see what happens to the sport the next few years.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Hi, its called marketing. Just like Danica Patrick and NASCAR. Its really not that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread