LEO's: Who was your first?

97NA_Cobra

Established Member
I've been on patrol training for a little over two months and about two weeks ago I had my first knock down drag out fight. Without getting into too much detail, my TO and I get a call of guy who is violating a "Conduct Order." No big deal right? We'll go there and advise. Guys description shows up in the call and he's 6'5" 350. So I jokingly say to my TO, Boy I'd hate to fight that guy and we both laugh.

We get there and he's gone. Turns out it's a DV RO. So now it's a little more serious. Well of course dude comes back.

Long story short, dude was high on crack and decides it would be a good idea to hit me in the side of the head. My TO and got to fight him for four minutes untill someone else showed up. He kept fighting after being OC'd and tased twice. He was quite a handful. Later, during booking, he looked at my TO and me and said, "We fought pretty good huh"

So, when was the first time you got your neatly pressed uniform dirty? Not just when you went hands on, I mean like when it was on like donkey kong.

I love this job:-D

Last edited:

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
I was on routine patrol in my area when a woman ran out of a restraunt screaming. Of course I whipped my cruiser around and called for back-up. I knew my back-up wasn't far so I went inside. When I did I saw a lone guy sitting at a table drinking a beer. I was a little confused.

Then the guy looks at me and said "What the F are you going to do pig", and he stood up. I gave him the old "look bud, just sit down and relax speech". He didn't want to and swung at me. Luckly he was drunk and missed and I was able to wrestle him and cuff him. Come to find out, he was a MS-13 member and he was on cocaine. We fought for about 3 minutes...it felt like a hour because dude didn't feel anything.

I believe that was my first :beer:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Been on two years now, not one physical fight yet. Verbal judo is my friend.

:idea::beer: Dr. George is a smart cops best friend.

My favorite - and the most useful thing to remember; "They always get the last word, you always get the last act." :thumbsup:

MODDED97GT

Established Member
I fought with 2 inmates at once while working in a prison and have a scar on my leg to show for it. This was ten years ago and I made the rookie error of breaking up an inmate fight instead of just watching and being a good witness or waiting for them to get tired. Anyway they decided to fight me instead of each other. Long story short I won and when it was over my sarge says " you need to go to medical for that" I responded " for what" and then I realized I had a 4 inch gash in my leg.

deadly97snake

Established Member
well lets see, my first night i had a homicide, second night i had my first collar which was assault 1, class a felony, basically assault with a deadly instrument.

as far as fights and robberies go, its an everyday occurence here in New York City. by the way, we're the most underpaid dept. and looking for people. anyone wanna join the great NYPD? lol

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
well lets see, my first night i had a homicide, second night i had my first collar which was assault 1, class a felony, basically assault with a deadly instrument.

as far as fights and robberies go, its an everyday occurence here in New York City. by the way, we're the most underpaid dept. and looking for people. anyone wanna join the great NYPD? lol

PM me to get verified as a LEO.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Well, in eighteen years I guess I have been pretty lucky.
I guess the first time would have been early in my career. A guy I arrested for Public Intoxication, he was involved in a disturbance at a motel. Took him to the Cross Bar Hotel and when I took one of his cuffs off he came around with a round house. I saw it coming and moved back, although he did nick me on the chin. Now, it was one. I lifted him off the ground about two feet and crashed him into the jail cell wall. He cried like a little girl. Fight over!
I to believe in verbal judo, after that, the game is over!

sprusak1

G.R.E.A.D tuned
Established Member
My first fight on duty was at the County Jail, I was letting a guy out from his visit and he decided that since his girl left him he had nothing to lice for and wanted the police to kill him.
He basically exited the visiting booth and started swinging, it only took about 1-2 minutes for other officers to get there but it seemed like forever. Thankfully he was a big fat ass and was slow as hell, but he was like hitting a huge marshmallow, nothing was really working like it should have. I managed to get a few good leg strikes in and get him down but there was no way I Was going to get him cuffed alone, or with one pair of cuffs I carried at that time.
Since I have been here in KY, most of the fights have been pretty one sided.

On a funny note, I did have to subdue a midget a few weeks ago. DV situation, he was beating his wife and 15 yo kid. I was first on scene and had to take him down, it looks funny as hell on the ICV. Nothing like a 6' tall guy wrestling Frodo Baggins.

97NA_Cobra

Established Member
The guy we foght recently plead to resisting with force (CPC 69) and two counts of battery of a peace officer (CPC 243(c)(2). All three felonies of course. He's also gunna pay to have the taser replced that was broke over his head. Don't worry, it was deemed an impact wepon of neccessity.

Ginsu

Established Member
Not a LEO

This gang has become quite a problem, they are as or maybe more violent than Bloods or Crips. It is a Hispanic gang all over the U.S. and can be found in major city. If you ever see graffiti that has a 13 in it, that is MS 13.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
I pulled around the corner of a closed business.... I see two huge guys fighting and a girls standing off to the side. I get out and the girl comes running over.... it is a father and son and the father was trying to straighten out the son when the son went "nuts"

Both guys were 6'4" 250 plus and were going to town on each other.... I called it in.... but due to another larger call that just went out... it was just me to deal with this till someone cleared the other call.

So... I fogged em from a safe distance which seemed to piss both of them off.... so they turn at me... so I gassed them again.... and start ordering them to the ground... get them to their knees go in and cuff the dad (who was much bigger than the kid) and I am getting ready to cuff kid (18) have one cuff on and he spins on me swinging wildly.... we start to wrestle and we get close enough for me to hook the other cuff around a handicap parking space sign and clear away from him. the father is screaming at the kid to calm down and to stop fighting the po-leece.

I finally get some back up and had to gas the kid again to get him to calm down so we could remove him....he starts to fight again he ends up knocking out a State Trooper but we finally get him cuffed. Found out later he fought the DOC guys in a knock down drag out in lock up.... he never made Court when the date came up.... he was killed in drug deal a couple weeks before court.

Users who are viewing this thread