LEOs, Tint ticket MS

waltd20012002

Established Member
Anyone on here know MS State trooper J43? I don't know his name, sorry.

Anyway, of course I have limo tint on my car. To me its a show/track car, its an 03 w/ 18,000 miles. It goes no further than about 30 miles under its own propulsion at any given time. never driven in the rain or wet roads.
I like the blacked out look since its a black car.
Basically I was driving my car to my mechanic pal that lives about 30 miles away with my wife following me because i was dropping the car off to have some repairs/mods done to the IRS. So we are on hwy 589 between Belle Vue & Sumrall following my buddy to his shop when I see J43 with another car pulled over on my side of the road in a curve. We are not speeding or anything of that nature. My buddy, myself, & my wife all vere over to the left to give him plenty of room.
As soon as we pass my wife calls & says he is running back to his car. Of course i know he's coming after me, just my luck type of deal.
Well, he swirves in & out of traffic trying to catch up to me & as soon as he gets around my wife he hits the blues- at this point i was already pulling off the shoulder in a nice paved spot. Seems like a nice enough guy, maybe a little excited over giving a tint ticket but none the less he writes me a tint ticket and improper equipment ticket since my taillights have been tinted as well. He tried to write me a ticket for my smoked headlights but I pointed out the little "DOT" symbol on them and explained that they were not covers, they were complete headlight assemblies. I tried to expplain that it was a "show" car but he wasn't really listening.

So finally he wheels off and i get to my buddies house. His brother-in-law is there with the exact same tint ticket from the same trooper and basically the same story of how excited he seemed to be giving a tint ticket.

Now I hear through the grapevine from friends of friends, yada yada... that this guy has a real "thing" for sports cars. I am by no means a bad driver or a young punk with a bad attitude. I haven't even smelled a ticket in five or six years, for anything. no accidents, etc.

Does anyone know this guy? Maybe someone that could drop a line in his ear?
I don't really mind paying the ticket, I knew it was illegal when i put the tint on but like i said it looks killer and its not a DD car. just check it out here..
P1010623.jpg

Do any of you guys feel where I'm coming from or should I just pay the ticket and leave it be?
Is a tint ticket considered a moving violation; thus being just cause for your insurance premiums to increase?

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
You defintely need to get the tint fixed. If you enjoy driving the car, get the tint fixed or you will continue to get the tickets and you will worry every time the Police are near. They tickets are usually between $100-200 which includes administration fees. So unless you have gobbs of money laying around, get the tint fixed.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you aren't a certified LEO you shouldnt be posting in this thread. Respect the OP's request.

waltd20012002

Established Member
I am by no means stripping the tint. I'll just pay the tickets... guess i must have gobbs laying around...
There is a stipulation in MS as to where you can actually get a "prescription" for tint. I know this because my brother-in-law has the prescription. He had Lukemia and his doctor wrote him a prescription for dark/limo tint. He said he had to have it registered at the court house and has to keep it on file in his truck in case he is ever stopped. I guess i could check into that.

On a side note out of the four mustangs that i own/owned; they have all been black with the same limo tint and i have never recieved a tint ticket. Of course none of these are/were daily drivers. I have however been pulled over for the cop/cops to check out my car. mainly my 89 LX hatch.. I've been pulled over twice just to hear "pop your hood and let me check her out"....

One more question if limo tint is so illegal; how do limos get away with it? do they pay a special tax or fee? are the categorized differently?

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I am by no means stripping the tint. I'll just pay the tickets... guess i must have gobbs laying around...
There is a stipulation in MS as to where you can actually get a "prescription" for tint. I know this because my brother-in-law has the prescription. He had Lukemia and his doctor wrote him a prescription for dark/limo tint. He said he had to have it registered at the court house and has to keep it on file in his truck in case he is ever stopped. I guess i could check into that.

On a side note out of the four mustangs that i own/owned; they have all been black with the same limo tint and i have never recieved a tint ticket. Of course none of these are/were daily drivers. I have however been pulled over for the cop/cops to check out my car. mainly my 89 LX hatch.. I've been pulled over twice just to hear "pop your hood and let me check her out"....

One more question if limo tint is so illegal; how do limos get away with it? do they pay a special tax or fee? are the categorized differently?

Limos arent allowed to have that tint on the driver's or passenger's side front seat area. That tint is used for the passenger compartment.

waltd20012002

Established Member
gotcha you on the limo thing... but wouldn't it be just as easy for a drug/illegal gun dealer to roll around in a limo? I never see them getting pulled over and you still have the same amount of danger from not being able to see in the passenger compartment...
Just trying to think like a criminal... it would be simple enough to do.. buy one limo, register it as "Jo Blo's" limo service get one of your hood rats with a good driving record to drive and then you could transport whatever you wanted with no interference from the law and if it does get hairy the cop can't see the crook in the passenger compartment aiming a sawed off 12 gauge at his head loaded with door busters or bolo rounds... i know its kind of far fetched but it is within the realm of a well organized crook...

Users who are viewing this thread