LEOs only please

SVTDavid

Live Fast
Established Member
Last night I was at my friends house having a few beers because it was my birthday. I turned 20 so there is still a 0 tolerance rule on driving with some beers in my system. I was on my way home when I was texting my friend back because he sent me a message saying happy birthday and apparently I swerved just as I passed a cop.. I had an unopened bottle of captains in the backseat of my truck and a few beers in my system. I basically shit when I saw the cop turning around I pinned the throttle took a few side roads I panicked and tossed the bottle out the window :bash: smashed in the street. (not where I wanted it to land.) I parked my truck and took off running, within 10 mins there were a few cruisers circling the neighborhood. Don't ask how they didn't find me because I honestly do not know. I ran to my friends house because I didn't know where else I could go... (cell phone was dead in the truck.) I came home and there were messages on the machine regarding the truck being parked illegally and it was impounded. I went back down to the station and told them everything, I ended up only getting a parking ticket. Is there anything they can charge me with at this point in time?

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
so you told them you ran from them?

honestly im not going to get smart with you because there are plenty of others about to. You should never under any circumstances do what you did. You were lucky they didnt find you because if they had you would of been facing every charge they could have got you with. Basically you ran from the police over a bottle of alcohol, making a small charge a possible felony.

What all did you tell them at the station

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Last night I was at my friends house having a few beers because it was my birthday. I turned 20 so there is still a 0 tolerance rule on driving with some beers in my system. I was on my way home when I was texting my friend back because he sent me a message saying happy birthday and apparently I swerved just as I passed a cop.. I had an unopened bottle of captains in the backseat of my truck and a few beers in my system. I basically shit when I saw the cop turning around I pinned the throttle took a few side roads I panicked and tossed the bottle out the window :bash: smashed in the street. (not where I wanted it to land.) I parked my truck and took off running, within 10 mins there were a few cruisers circling the neighborhood. Don't ask how they didn't find me because I honestly do not know. I ran to my friends house because I didn't know where else I could go... (cell phone was dead in the truck.) I came home and there were messages on the machine regarding the truck being parked illegally and it was impounded. I went back down to the station and told them everything, I ended up only getting a parking ticket. Is there anything they can charge me with at this point in time?

When you say you told them everything, did you tell them you had a few beers, threw the bottle out the window, and fled from the police?

If so, those are defense admission and can very well be used against you in your prosecution. If you did in fact admit to those things there are quite a few criminal charges that can levied against you.

However, given the circumstances and that you weren't arrested on the spot, it is not likely you will have anything else charged against you. That being said you should be very careful for the next few months, as charges can be filed in the future.

mustanginky

Established Member
depends on the state, however, what you did was tamper with physical evidence (felony in kentucky) and ran from the police in a motor vehicle (also a felony). In Kentucky, there is no time limit for a felony.

now, to lecture, what you did was f***ing stupid. at most you would have been charged with a dui and underage possession of alcohol. instead, you chose to risk life and property to avoid the consequences of your actions. Hell, if you weren't legally intoxicated (.08) they could have let you call a friend or something to be picked up.

even if what you did wasn't a felony in your state, there is still likely an outside chance you could be charged with a misdemeanor up to a year.

SVTDavid

Live Fast
Established Member
so you told them you ran from them?

Yes.

When you say you told them everything, did you tell them you had a few beers, threw the bottle out the window, and fled from the police?

If so, those are defense admission and can very well be used against you in your prosecution. If you did in fact admit to those things there are quite a few criminal charges that can levied against you.

However, given the circumstances and that you weren't arrested on the spot, it is not likely you will have anything else charged against you. That being said you should be very careful for the next few months, as charges can be filed in the future.

Yes I told them everything. I said I panicked and took off because I figured I was going to get a DUI and a DUI is really not what I need right now. If I don't have a license I am not going to be able to get to work which in turn can't pay the little bills that I have being 20 years old. I am fully aware of my stupidity now but you have to understand when people panic they don't think straight.

at most you would have been charged with a dui and underage possession of alcohol.

instead, you chose to risk life and property to avoid the consequences of your actions. Hell, if you weren't legally intoxicated (.08) they could have let you call a friend or something to be picked up.

You make it sound like a DUI isn't that bad. As I said before at this point in time a DUI is not what I need.. having my truck and a license pays for the truck, insurance, cell phone bill and a few other things. Maybe for a week one of my friends can give me a ride to and from work but eventually it gets to be a pain in the ass.

I know this does not in any way make it okay, for being a moron, but it was at 5 in the morning and no one was on the road. Also, as stated before, when a person panics their thoughts are altered.. I do not know what was going through my head.. until I saw the K9 units and shit myself again.

mkb116

Established Member
But you have to understand when people panic they don't think straight.

Also, as stated before, when a person panics their thoughts are altered..

I'm going to say this as nice as possible. You do realize your asking for cops opinions on this right? As in, most of us have been in a harry situation or two..

Second, do you think that the persons thoughts are altered or the real person that they are comes out? The responsible person who realizes, I screwed up, time to pay the piper, or the criminal who thinks, I can get away.

You make it sound like a DUI isn't that bad.

Again, when you look at the charges of a young kid making a mistake having a couple of beers compared to recklessly evading the police while possibly and most likely considered legally intoxicated.... How bad does a DUI seem now?

I will however applaud your honesty, if you did in fact call them and tell them the entire honest truth. I find it hard to believe but if its true, not a lot of people have the courage to be that honest.

I guess I should give you my two cents regarding your question. I agree with what has been said already, if they did not arrest you on the spot, you most likely have nothing to worry about.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Maybe I missed something, you stated you watched the officer turn around and you sped off. Did the officer ever turn on his overhead lights? Makes a huge difference.........

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Dude, I dont know of any cop that would let you off with just a parking ticket for doing what you did. They had PC to arrest you for a ton of crimes. I think your story is complete bullshit.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
I,m surprised you have received any answers. With the actions you took and crimes you committed, I would think twice about posting it on any forums again.

SVTDavid

Live Fast
Established Member
I,m surprised you have received any answers. With the actions you took and crimes you committed, I would think twice about posting it on any forums again.

No shit, RDJ blew this whole thing up in SD. Next time I will just PM an LEO so the e-thug RDJ wont try to call me out on something that was probably the stupidest thing I have ever done....

Actually there wont be a next time I'd have to say I have learned my lesson.

Dude, I dont know of any cop that would let you off with just a parking ticket for doing what you did. They had PC to arrest you for a ton of crimes. I think your story is complete bullshit.

I don't blame you, the story does rather seem far fetched. If it didn't happen to me I wouldn't believe it either.

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I am with fiveohpoepoe, you really shouldnt' even have posted it in the first place. What kind of response did you think you would get?

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
An honest one?:shrug: I don't see why I am getting e-raped for this. I feel like rcn4god.

Your story has some holes and I assure you most of us find it outlandish that another LEO would overlook all the things you have admitted to and let you off with a parking ticket. Whoever the cop is, granted your story is true, shouldnt' be in law enforcement.

/end thread

Scott222

Established Member
Not to sure what county or city you where in but i dont no any that would've givin just a PT for that you wouldve been screwed any places i no your who we make examples from. Sounds kinda BS to me.

algoguen

Established Member
Stupid?

Stupid? No the most stupidest thing you have ever done was posting this
in the first place.....:banana:

No shit, RDJ blew this whole thing up in SD. Next time I will just PM an LEO so the e-thug RDJ wont try to call me out on something that was probably the stupidest thing I have ever done....

Actually there wont be a next time I'd have to say I have learned my lesson.

I don't blame you, the story does rather seem far fetched. If it didn't happen to me I wouldn't believe it either.

Users who are viewing this thread