LEO's only please

FranticFocus05

Established Member
To make it short I saved my friend once by getting him out of a reckless driving ticket. He spun his wheels in a parking lot and I called a friend I work with in the department to have it pulled. I only did it cause he was my best friend and couldnt afford anymore points. He swore to me he would calm it down so he didnt lose his license and make me look like a dumbass for covering his ass.

He did it again 3 weeks ago got a ticket 75 in a 45, cop let him off for street racing though. Worst part was not that he had a 16 year old minor in the car (my ex gf now best friend who I care a ton about) but that he called me up and asked me to help him out... before cop had even come to his window and he was askin if I could talk to the cop or call my friend again and save him. As soon as the cop did his stuff I let my friend have it from me... I think had he let me talk to the cop I would of told the cop of the other reckless and his other tickets and his attitude and that he needed to be taken in for the night :fm: This makes his 6th ticket in 6 months including the reckless I had pulled. 69 in a 50, 61 in a 45, 50 in a 35 and no seatbelt, spinning his tires and now this 75 in a 45.

Even now he hasent slowed down but now he says "I have nothing to lose" as he figures he is already in deep shit come the 11th (court date). I have since distanced myself from him as he was pulling me down and was not someone I wanted to be a friend of when things went south. His mentality is that he wants a faster car so he could just keep going and get away from the cops. He doesnt listen to me when I try to give him the facts about running.

I know I need to remove myself from him as he can only pull me down and damage my future career as a LEO and he was one of those friends that alwasy expected me to pull his ass out of the fire. I am so pissed off I almost feel inclined (if I even could) to go to court and make a case against him as I think he really needs to learn his lesson. When I got the other ticket pulled the deputy said that the ticketing officer has the right to reissue the ticket if she feels its necessary for the next 6 months... should I get intouch with her and inform her of his recent actions and see if she decided to reissue it?

LEO's ----ONLY---- persional feelings, thoughts, ideas... what would you do, what should I do. Maybe I am just to angry and just need to let the system do its job and stay away from him until he has cleaned up his act if he ever does.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
MvKeeper said:
To make it short I saved my friend once by getting him out of a reckless driving ticket. He spun his wheels in a parking lot and I called a friend I work with in the department to have it pulled. I only did it cause he was my best friend and couldnt afford anymore points. He swore to me he would calm it down so he didnt lose his license and make me look like a dumbass for covering his ass.

He did it again 3 weeks ago got a ticket 75 in a 45, cop let him off for street racing though. Worst part was not that he had a 16 year old minor in the car (my ex gf now best friend who I care a ton about) but that he called me up and asked me to help him out... before cop had even come to his window and he was askin if I could talk to the cop or call my friend again and save him. As soon as the cop did his stuff I let my friend have it from me... I think had he let me talk to the cop I would of told the cop of the other reckless and his other tickets and his attitude and that he needed to be taken in for the night :fm: This makes his 6th ticket in 6 months including the reckless I had pulled. 69 in a 50, 61 in a 45, 50 in a 35 and no seatbelt, spinning his tires and now this 75 in a 45.

Even now he hasent slowed down but now he says "I have nothing to lose" as he figures he is already in deep shit come the 11th (court date). I have since distanced myself from him as he was pulling me down and was not someone I wanted to be a friend of when things went south. His mentality is that he wants a faster car so he could just keep going and get away from the cops. He doesnt listen to me when I try to give him the facts about running.

I know I need to remove myself from him as he can only pull me down and damage my future career as a LEO and he was one of those friends that alwasy expected me to pull his ass out of the fire. I am so pissed off I almost feel inclined (if I even could) to go to court and make a case against him as I think he really needs to learn his lesson. When I got the other ticket pulled the deputy said that the ticketing officer has the right to reissue the ticket if she feels its necessary for the next 6 months... should I get intouch with her and inform her of his recent actions and see if she decided to reissue it?

LEO's ----ONLY---- persional feelings, thoughts, ideas... what would you do, what should I do. Maybe I am just to angry and just need to let the system do its job and stay away from him until he has cleaned up his act if he ever does.

I dont understand what you mean by you "had the ticket pulled"! Tickets are numbered and accounted for and in a database. So you physically removed the ticket from the database and destroyed the hard copy? The officers involved with these SIX events didnt question where the ticket went?

I think you really need to rethink your goal of becoming a police officer if you felt you could use your influence as a ? (dispatcher, record keeper, etc) to eliminate SIX tickets from this persons record.

mvkeeper said:
This makes his 6th ticket in 6 months including the reckless I had pulled. 69 in a 50, 61 in a 45, 50 in a 35 and no seatbelt, spinning his tires and now this 75 in a 45.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Matt (my friend) got the reckless ticket for spinning his tires. His tires spun when he was pulling out of a parking spot when it had just started raining they slipped he in no way spun them on purpous. It was obvious it was one of those moments his truck lost traction for a second he was in control didnt go though it he got off the gas. The officer came flying across the parking lot to pull him over.

I got in touch with my friend and explained the whole situation to him he knew the officer persionaly as he had been though training with her. As they explained it to me when the ticket is issued it is put right into the computer and then gets turned in at the end of there shift. For some reason she had not entered the information eather in the computer or entered it into the station. I am not 100% sure how it got "pulled" but there was never any fallow up on it but we were told the issuing officer had taken care of it.

I never touched a ticket or anything to do with the ticket other then talk to my friend and neighbor about it. He took the yellow copy from Matt and said he would give it to the officer who issued it. He then said that she had something like 6 months that she could still reissue the ticket if she felt necessary.

Only one ticket was ever "pulled" and it was not by me but by the officer that issued it (once again I had no dealings with the ticket persionaly other then talking to my neighbor and friend. The other tickets he has payed in court and has been fined and gotten points.

I am sorry for the confusing I did not mean that I had pulled all 6 of his tickets I ment: This makes his 6th ticket that will appear on his record including the one ticket for reckless I had pulled.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
That makes much more sense. I think you know the answer to your own question, you need to distance yourself from him. He seems to think you are his get out of jail free card. If he called you from the traffic stop, he will continue to be a problem as you advance further on your way to becoming a L.E.O.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
That's bull...

You are already starting down the slippery slope of corruption. 1 Ticket is to much, and you did it Six times. Do you realize how MUCH you are asking these officers to risk by "pulling" the tickets....

If it were me, I would go and ask the officers to re-issue the tickets with a current court date. And your friend is obviously playing you.... you are thinking "Ok... He learned his lesson." And he is thinking "I get to do what I want, I can get the tickets fixed easy".

What a joke...........

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
It sounds like you are trying to help a friend out that doesn't care. It also sounds like you are (or already have ) compromised your job, or future job in the LE career field. If you've helped him once nad he is still doing the same things, he should be on his own. Don't screw over yourself for an unappreciative friend, if that hasn't happened already.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Lawfficer said:
That's bull...

You are already starting down the slippery slope of corruption. 1 Ticket is to much, and you did it Six times. Do you realize how MUCH you are asking these officers to risk by "pulling" the tickets....

If it were me, I would go and ask the officers to re-issue the tickets with a current court date. And your friend is obviously playing you.... you are thinking "Ok... He learned his lesson." And he is thinking "I get to do what I want, I can get the tickets fixed easy".

What a joke...........

Lawfficer..... I am going to guess you didnt read my seond post... I cleared it up hopefully it will change your answer and tone. I have full respect for you and your fellow officers my father is DEA and sister is a Deputy Sheriff I know how dangerous it is getting a "favor" from an officer these jobs are very touchy on those subjects and just how dangerous it is out there every night. I have been though the "dad might not come home tomorrow" and the call from the Sheriff informing us my sister was in the hospital after she was attacked by an inmate. I have the upmost respect....

FranticFocus05

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
That makes much more sense. I think you know the answer to your own question, you need to distance yourself from him. He seems to think you are his get out of jail free card. If he called you from the traffic stop, he will continue to be a problem as you advance further on your way to becoming a L.E.O.

I have begun to put distance between us, I have heard the stories on this forum and from family and my coworkers of friends that will be your friend just to use you as there "get out of jail free card"

Should I just sit back and hope that the system takes care of him and saves him before he hurts himself and others or should I contact the officer and tell her what has happened in these past 2 months and ask her to reissue it. I feel like now I have lost respect from those officers (my neighbor and the ticketing officer) because I asked them to put there jobs on the line and pull it and now what happened. Kind of like going back to her would make me feel better and get it of fmy chest to say I was wrong he did **** up again please pin this on him and make it stick.... :??:

Last edited:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
That's bull...

Agreed!

You need to let him learn the hard way and quit saving his ass!

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
MvKeeper said:
I have begun to put distance between us, I have heard the stories on this forum and from family and my coworkers of friends that will be your friend just to use you as there "get out of jail free card"

My instructors always told me when you become part of the law enforcement family, you start to distance yourself from you old friends. I never believed him, but its true. And this post is the main reason..... everytime a friend would get in some kind of trouble and ask you to take care of it.....and you tell him you can't they get angry!

This is comming from a few things that I have seen, and that has happened to me. This is not the case for all........

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
MvKeeper said:

Should I just sit back and hope that the system takes care of him and saves him before he hurts himself and others or should I contact the officer and tell her what has happened in these past 2 months and ask her to reissue it. I feel like now I have lost respect from those officers (my neighbor and the ticketing officer) because I asked them to put there jobs on the line and pull it and now what happened. Kind of like going back to her would make me feel better and get it of fmy chest to say I was wrong he did **** up again please pin this on him and make it stick.... :??:

Again, I think you just answered your own question. Do what you conscience tells you to do.

Also go to college and get on with the DEA, through your dad. I am assuming your dad is an 1811 with DOJ/DEA.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Again, I think you just answered your own question. Do what you conscience tells you to do.

Also go to college and get on with the DEA, through your dad. I am assuming your dad is an 1811 with DOJ/DEA.

Thank you FordSVTFan and others, I will see about getting in touch with the officer cause honestly he needs to learn.

I am taking class's in ADJ and then not sure if I want department I want to enter or if I want to go state.

Users who are viewing this thread