LEOs ONLY. Hit somebody question<Did not want to hijack a thread>

soon2be03

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Not all accidents require the issuance of a summons. The report being filed is enough of a hit on his career.

Just wondering how big of a deal that is for a LEO to be in? I understand that it might depend on what really happend, but does that follow him around and how does it hurt him??

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Anything that is no positive in your personnel folder is not good. That folder is reviewed as part of any promotion process or when you want to be placed on a "special team," etc.

MVPJEFF106

Boosted PoPo
Established Member
FYI.....we call them Motor vehicle CRASHES, not accidents anymore. Just being in a crash will hurt him. I was driving a fully marked patrol car, and was hit at 45mph by an 86 year old guy, flipped my car and went head on into a tree two years ago. I got F*cked when I went to switch my insurance to New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company. They require that you are NOT in ANY motor vehicle crashes within the past three years, and they held that one against me!!!! Yup, that's right..... did nothing wrong, and still got the short end of the stick.

Users who are viewing this thread