LEOS only: Eradicating criminals from a neighborhood

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Sorry for a lengthy one, but I need suggestions...
A few weeks ago some meth addicts moved in across the street from my parents, we assume they are renting a room in the house. This has been a known drug house in a very nice neighborhood for many years, in fact the ex-wife of the homeowner was arrested and is still in jail for selling cocaine, but money is getting tight because their chosen method of employment (dealing) is hard to do when the cops are watching. So they have been renting out rooms in the house for the past year or so and this is the first time in a while that they have been causing trouble in the neighborhood.

The problems started not to long ago when one of the guys came over my parents house, as my mom described, shaking and looking high, and asked them if they could spare some cigarettes. Neither of my parents smoke, so she said no. But as the guy was standing at the doorway, he kept looking past my mom at what was in the house, which made her feel very uneasy. This, however, is only the beginning.

About a week ago, three of our neighbors witnessed them commit a robbery in a construction site at the end of the road. At around 5 in the afternoon, three of them sped down the road and stole a whole truck-load of flowers and trees right out in front of a newly built house. The one neighbor happened to take a picture of them with his camera phone and reported it to the police who eventually arrested them later that night. But, within a few days they were out of jail and living back at the house.

The thing that worries me the most about the whole situation is the fact that they are known meth users. I have explained very plainly to both my parents that they need to be very careful and keep the 12gauge loaded next to the bed because when they are high, they don't know or care what they do and they will kill people over the smallest of things

My question (finally) is what options do they have? Is there anyway I can find out if any of them are on probation and if so how would I contact a probation officer and what should I explain to them to hopefully get the best results?

Sorry for the long post but I would like to do everything pro-actively as possible, because as I said earlier, this is a very nice neighborhood and our house has been broken into once before and its really not something I would like to experience again.

Red Mustang Gt

13.2@105 MPH STOCK!
Established Member
I would say get the community all involved and take care of each other (meet with each other about the turds and let each other know about them), let the Police know what's going on (Community outreach if they have one) and call VERY frequently. Addicts don't like to be around people who care. I handled a case similar to what you are speaking of with tragic results. No one in the neighborhood ever called Police to let us know what was going on within the community and heres what happened:

http://www.emmitsburg.net/archive_list/articles/people/people/joseph_bernice_ohler.htm

Probably one of the hardest cases I ever had to handle in my little career...

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I would say get the community all involved and take care of each other (meet with each other about the turds and let each other know about them), let the Police know what's going on (Community outreach if they have one) and call VERY frequently.

I agree, being proactive and letting others in the neighborhood know whats going on is a great tool. We have a HUGE Meth problem in my area, somthing like 75% of all arrests in my area are connected to Meth in one way or another. Meth use has become an epidemic along with the thefts and burglaries that are connected. As far as contacting the parole or probation officers goes, you would need to talk to a police officer about your suspicions that they are using. If they are on probation/parole the Police can contact the P+P office and possibly have them arrested if the offender tests positive for drugs. Often times the parole/probation officer can have them remanded into custody on a hold for even having contact with the police.

Last edited:

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Thanks for the replies, my parents are really good at talking to the neighbors and from what my mom said she has made everyone in the immediate area aware of whats going on.
She says they constantly fight in the drive way, so I made the suggestion of calling in a domestic disturbance the next time it happens. Is probation information public information in Florida? I know one of the homeowners was arrested for possession of cocaine some time ago, I'm not sure if he's still on probation though. The problem, however, is the guy who is possibly on probation doesn't cause any problems other than renting rooms to drug addicts. But at this point I really don't feel bad for him anymore. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread