LEO comments/thoughts on something I witnessed today

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Today, I was driving home from my Drill weekend and I saw this happen.

There was a Lancer doing approximately +10 over the speed limit on a 2 lane highway on ramp. He was weaving in and out a bit as well. He passed me and everyone else with several car lengths to spare... probably about 5 or 6 on average.

When he was about 1/4mi ahead of me, in the left-most lane, another honda looking vehicle swerved HARD towards the Lancer. The Lancer driver reacted quickly enough and swerved onto the shoulder and kept on driving. Had he not seen the other car, the Lancer would have been hit in the rear right quarter area pretty hard.

Needless to say, I was shocked and amazed that someone would "take the law into their own hands" to such an extent. Road rage perhaps?

If one of you LEOs witnessed that, on duty, who would you pull over? How about if you were off duty, would you call it in?

Thanks for any/all responses, I'm pretty curious about forthcoming responses!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
On duty: why not get both stopped? Not that difficult to do.

Off duty: probably not gonna call that in. I see idiot drivers all day long while commuting..etc. Only the ones I suspect of being OVI get called in.

Face it we all drive like the Lancer from time to time. (not to be confused with drive a Lancer :burn:

jmo

Users who are viewing this thread