Lentech AOD Troubleshoot

VaderNocturnas

Established Member
bought a 91 a few years back, had a setup for 325 horses, supercharged, came with the Lentech street terminator. started hearing a knock, and car sat on rocks and dirt for awhile, finally got it to a shop, and its good for 415 at the wheel now, and bought a new B&M hammer shifter, chunking the stock. but when i would shift from 2nd to 3rd, there would be grinding, or if shifting at high rpm, the grinding will incur. since i bought the car, when i park on incline it would sometimes jump out of gear and roll. especially when i get done hot rodding it. never had problems shifting, but always made a grinding noise when i did shift in those circumstances i mentioned. the other day, i was showing off next to a guy in a lightning, and a shelby pulled up right next to us, so i had to be a hard ass and really punch the peddle, didnt redline, but i really pushed a troubled tranny...bottom line, after i did that, my tranny shift from 1st,2nd, but once in third my engine revs up. as if in neutral. i can still push my car in 3rd gear, but i have to be at 3-4 Rpm to keep moving.

been reading different things, might be pressure issues, could be debree in the valve body, could be the shifter, or it could be possibly shot to hell. just want some ideas before i go to the wallet.

anyone own, or come across a similar issue? if its beyond help...then im glad i blew my shit in a Ford shootout. =/

vfast

Established Member
check your tv cable? grinding?? have you checked your driveshaft?..flywheel bolts..

Users who are viewing this thread