Lemon Law in Florida?

ncarter124

Established Member
What problem are you having with it?

Maybe this will help.

Florida Attorney General - Lemon Law (main page)

Thanks, I've been there and done all of that, was just wondering about personal experiences

issues so far:

HVAC won't blow to the floor half the time - Ford says that is 'normal'

Stammering issues documented since 5000 miles (Have 15k now) - Ford refuses to fix

Three trips in for shifting problems - that was fixed with different trans fluid

Two trips for transmission fluid leaks - had to reseal the entire case

Water pump went out

Had right cylinder head replaced along with cams, valves and lifters due to randomly damaged internal parts (car is stock)

Engine has burned (as of the last time I checked) over 4 quarts of oil

SYNC system will not keep my phone connected (tried 2 Droids and an iPhone), Bluetooth is garbled when it does work, and it disconnects my iPod constantly

Clutch and/or trans clunks like mad when I shift - I've given up on getting that fixed

And finally the finish is flaking off of all 4 of my wheels, but I know that won't get dealt with either so it honestly isn't worth mentioning.

Also, the engine has incredibly rough power delivery, could be the clutch or some sort of tuning problem - I've just been dealing with that as well.

/rant. Lol

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Should've went with a Terminator......

hope you get it resolved sux when they won't honor warranties

ncarter124

Established Member
Should've went with a Terminator......

hope you get it resolved sux when they won't honor warranties

Yep, sure should have. FML

And they have honored the warranty but its just one thing after another after another with it. Never stops.

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I don't feel quite so bad about my issues now. Sounds like you have a strong case, good luck!

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
Wow! Sorry to hear about all the problems your having. It sounds like you most certainly have a case.

Are they having a lot of problems with the mustangs these days? I haven't read of too many.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
How the hell do you still have it dude?

My first 04 GT I bought. 2 days later I started having AC issues and somehow was over heating, took it back. They fixed it. 2 weeks later, Transmission started having issues, and it overheated. Got that fixed. 3 weeks after that it over heated again popped a head gasket. Told them I don't want the car and I want out of my loan.

They ruled it a lemon car because it had been back 3 times for an over heating issue. And completely took me right out of my loan

This was in Florida too

ncarter124

Established Member
I don't feel quite so bad about my issues now. Sounds like you have a strong case, good luck!

Lol, hoping so, it's just a matter of jumping through the legal loopholes.

Wow! Sorry to hear about all the problems your having. It sounds like you most certainly have a case.

Are they having a lot of problems with the mustangs these days? I haven't read of too many.

They sure seem to be. In fact, I had a guy call me from the dealership who works in the detail area, his 2012 is now in the shop with a similar engine noise that I had with my cylinder head replacement, except now that they have torn the entire engine down, they suspect it's something in the bottom end. He's absolutely sick over it. I feel bad for the guy.

ncarter124

Established Member
How the hell do you still have it dude?

My first 04 GT I bought. 2 days later I started having AC issues and somehow was over heating, took it back. They fixed it. 2 weeks later, Transmission started having issues, and it overheated. Got that fixed. 3 weeks after that it over heated again popped a head gasket. Told them I don't want the car and I want out of my loan.

They ruled it a lemon car because it had been back 3 times for an over heating issue. And completely took me right out of my loan

This was in Florida too

Just going through the motions right now... it's a process, I think they are a lot more strict these days but i could be wrong.

So far, after talking to the dealership, Ford corporate, the Attorney General's office and the BBB, so far all I have had offered is an extended warranty.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
damn that sux man, issue after issue, hope it gets better for ya, sell it and get another Cobra

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Just going through the motions right now... it's a process, I think they are a lot more strict these days but i could be wrong.

So far, after talking to the dealership, Ford corporate, the Attorney General's office and the BBB, so far all I have had offered is an extended warranty.

Damn man, I guess they are more strict. ( Because of all the issues I'm guessing with the new 5.0s)

I literally brought it that third time, went straight to the store manager. and said Listen here, I dont want the damn car anymore, this is the third time I've been here in a month and a half. I'm tired of paying for a car that I can't drive. etc etc

Walked out with my downpayment back in my hand and everything. That ordeal scared me away from mustangs for like 2 years. Went from everything to lifted trucks, sport trucks, camaros, hondas, saturns, etc. I think there were about 20-25 cars in that 2-2 1/2 years.

Then I got this Comp Orange one. ( FROM A KIA DEALERSHIP) had one issue from it, and they took care of me. So I'm happy to be back with Ford.

Sometimes you just get that rotten apple. I HATED FORD for a bit there, but glad I'm back.

ncarter124

Established Member
damn that sux man, issue after issue, hope it gets better for ya, sell it and get another Cobra

Damn man, I guess they are more strict. ( Because of all the issues I'm guessing with the new 5.0s)

I literally brought it that third time, went straight to the store manager. and said Listen here, I dont want the damn car anymore, this is the third time I've been here in a month and a half. I'm tired of paying for a car that I can't drive. etc etc

Walked out with my downpayment back in my hand and everything. That ordeal scared me away from mustangs for like 2 years. Went from everything to lifted trucks, sport trucks, camaros, hondas, saturns, etc. I think there were about 20-25 cars in that 2-2 1/2 years.

Then I got this Comp Orange one. ( FROM A KIA DEALERSHIP) had one issue from it, and they took care of me. So I'm happy to be back with Ford.

Sometimes you just get that rotten apple. I HATED FORD for a bit there, but glad I'm back.

Damn! I wish I could just do that. I'd be rid of that car in less than an hour if that was doable. I won't be able to go back to Ford, not after this.

ncarter124

Established Member

A good idea in theory, but no more Ford products for me. I want a Terminator BAD, but knowing my luck I'd get one with all sorts of problems AND no warranty. I can't risk that.

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Contact your local BBB, they have an arbitration program set up with the manufacturers. If you get the arbitrator to rule in your favor it is binding on the manufacturer or if you do not like the ruling you still may appeal. It is the best of both worlds and very quick process compared to going through full litigation.

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
I heard a couple people had buybacks for previous models newer body styles due to being lemons. Hope your issue is resolved. I talked to a performance shop I dealt with and they have a 2012 in there right now with damage to piston 8. He said they have defective pistons.

Last edited:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Have you tried a different dealer as well?

Probably a good idea. My car had a bad throw out bearing, not a big deal, and original dealership wouldn't handle it. Went to another dealership and they fixed it same day and had it covered under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread