Legal question??

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
So... I know "this" guy...

While on business trips, he'll walk around and ask women he finds attractive BLUNTY if they would like to go back to his hotel room and have sex... ex. "Hi, I'm Bob... I noticed your gorgeous figure from across the mall and was wondering if you'd like to possibly go to my hotel later and have sex.."... and surprisingly it works for him sometimes.

He has this one problem though... one of the women didn't take too fondly of his enormus cohones.. she filed a 'sexual harassment' lawsuit against him....

He's only offering a one-lined question to these women... he's not following them around, or asking multiple times.... hell, he even carries a tape recorder for legal issues such as these...

My question, how would this be harassment? I find it, as well, as just a sexual based question.

Last edited:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
He sounds like a complete douche.

Hopefully "this" guy is not code for you? :lol1:

txyaloo

Established Member
It depends on the state. But basically it is an unwanted inappropriate assault of this person.

"Your friend" is a real winner. :rolleyes:

By real winner, I assume you mean moronic douche.

Ohhhh I found a pic of the friend.

m_9e25fd949669471797373aed1caccf43.jpg

He likes fat chicks.

Last edited:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
It depends on the state. But basically it is an unwanted inappropriate assault of this person.

"Your friend" is a real winner. :rolleyes:

I had a female co-worker who posted a sign on her cube: "Sexual harassment will not be tolerated; it will, however, be graded". She had a great sense of humor, and didn't view jokes as anything personal.

oldmodman

Established Member
No it is not harassment if he does not work with, or is the employer of, the women. A question asked only one time, with an answer of "no" is crude way of going about it, but doesn't rise to the level of harassment. But under no circumstances can he put his hands on the woman while asking the question. That, along with the question could be taken as a battery.
It is a tacky way of asking, but in reality no worse than asking a woman out on a date. Since the desired end result is exactly the same. He's just cutting out the boring middle part.

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member

Ohhhh I found a pic of the friend.

m_9e25fd949669471797373aed1caccf43.jpg

He likes fat chicks.

haha Na, that's me my friend... and I do like fat chicks :) :beer:

FordSVTFan said:
"Your friend" is a real winner.

From my understanding, assault is a "unlawful physical attack"...

Again, I stated "friend" because the guy we're speaking of is a well known person on this forum... people that know me, know him as well.

From what he says, he doesn't go after women with a ring on her finger, nor does he approach women with children... As oldmodman said, he's just cutting through the "boring middle part".

If anything, I think that solicitation would be a more appropriate call on what he does, as far as approaching them in stores, the mall, etc.

I didn't ask for a judge of his character. I was simply asking legal advice. I'm sure she'll have nothing to stand on. Thanks for the responses.

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
Again, I stated "friend" because the guy we're speaking of is a well known person on this forum...

Outlaw99? Funny, I thought he used candy. :shrug::burnout:

I'm not sure I would consider it sexual harassment. At least not to the point of actually filing charges against someone. It might deserve a good smack across the face, but this seems a little extreme.

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
Outlaw99? Funny, I thought he used candy. :shrug::burnout:

I'm not sure I would consider it sexual harassment. At least not to the point of actually filing charges against someone. It might deserve a good smack across the face, but this seems a little extreme.

lol - I could never just walk up to someone and ask that... I'm not that brave and/or stupid... it would be my luck and she'd have some aspiring MMA boyfriend/husband..

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I'm pretty sure Harassment must be pervasive, asking the question one time, and then accepting the answer, and leaving the individual along if it's no, would not be pervasive.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I'm pretty sure Harassment must be pervasive, asking the question one time, and then accepting the answer, and leaving the individual along if it's no, would not be pervasive.

Sexual harassment is whatever the woman deems it to be, don'cha know? I taught a database class some years back, and used the word "sex" when listing the fields in a employee database (first name, last name, middle initial, sex, etc.) I also spoke to validation, and noted the rejection of any entry for the "sex" field other than "M" or "F".

Later that day, I got a call from a manager who informed me that I was being charged with sexual harassment by a young female member of the class. The spineless dolts who were my managers were about to terminate my employment over the mere charge (no hearing). Luckily, the Division Vice President's executive secretary (a wonderful lady) who was in the classroom came to my defense and the charge was dropped.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Its like you are reading my mind.

I had a female co-worker who posted a sign on her cube: "Sexual harassment will not be tolerated; it will, however, be graded". She had a great sense of humor, and didn't view jokes as anything personal.

That is great.

From my understanding, assault is a "unlawful physical attack"...

I didn't ask for a judge of his character. I was simply asking legal advice. I'm sure she'll have nothing to stand on. Thanks for the responses.

Assault has a criminal definition, a civil definition, and a common definition. Typical criminal assault does not involve touching, it involves causing an reasonable fear of imminent contact.

The type of harassment you are referring to is commonly applied in a workplace environment, but not the criminal arena.

As a Prosecutor and Former Federal/State L.E.O. I will tell the OP that his "friend" is walking a very fine line and depending on the combination of words he chooses he might find himself in a jackpot. That is beside that fact that he is a douche nozzle waiting to get his ass kicked.

Users who are viewing this thread