Lee Iacocca passes at 94.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
RIP Mr. Iacocca. Thank you so much for your vision and foresight. You made an enormous mark on 2 companies and partnered with THE most legendary car maker/tuner/race team organizer/visionary Mr. Carroll Shelby at both companies.

Tonight when I lay my eyes on my Mustang GT500, I have you to thank entirely for my passion and perhaps the passion of my future children. You not only ushered in the Mustang from thought to production, you brought in Mr. Shelby to inject some venom into it! Oh, and there was that 4 year in a row shit-on-Ferrari-fest in the French countryside too...

You even gave the Mopar boys and girls hope in the 80's and 90's when they were all but left for dead. Then you dared to construct the Viper at a time when only the Corvette ruled the 2 door sport coupe market. While Viper may not have had the same long term impact as the Mustang did, its performance and brutality is a mark that all Mustang and Shelby owners know very well.

One could argue that Mr. Iacocca's spirit lives on today in what Mopar is doing with the Charger/Challenger. Perhaps that same boldness and brashness will return to FoMoCo someday.

Thank you from a forever grateful GT500 owner.

Can't believe this wasn't on the news this morning.
Of course not. They couldnt bump 83 Orange Man Bad stories to report actual news. Cmon now.

Users who are viewing this thread