led turn signals, fog lights flash?!?!?!?!

bumsoil

Established Member
i got a set of LED turn signals and installed them. they flash at a normal speed when lights are off. BUT the fog lights flash with the signals and the fog light relay clicks loudly with the flashing. when i turn lights on the fogs stop flashing and the blinker flashes quickly.
i tried a load resistor to fix the issue but the problem is still there. only difference is no fast flash.

i did mod the fogs to turn on when the parking lights are on.

any solution to this?

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
i did mod the fogs to turn on when the parking lights are on.

when i turn the fog switch off the problem goes away.

Is there a possibility that while you were modding your parking lights you did not install them correctly? Seems to me like it is a wiring issue. As im not exactly sure how you went about doing this. me personally id rather just flip the switch when i need my fogs. But regardless, if the problem goes away when the switch is off, maybe just leave the switch off and have the fogs run from the headlights knob?

mnewxcv

Established Member
does it blink the left fog with left signal and right fog with right signal? both fogs with left signal? both fogs with right signal? didnt do it before upgrading to LED?

bumsoil

Established Member
both fogs blink. only with the LED installed. im thinking the LED it letting power though to the parking light circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread