LED Turn Signal Wiring How to....

slynch68

Established Member
I've searched and searched for some wiring info on how to to correctly wire in resistors to use LED switchback bulbs on the front of my 11' GT500. After some trial and error I finally got it right.

There is 3 wires in the turn signal bulb socket. The outside wires are the ones you tap for the resistor. Leave the middle wire alone. The resistor has two wires coming from both sides and it doesn't matter what side goes to any of the outside wires.

Also when you pull the bulb out of the socket and install a LED bulb make sure you install it correctly. LED's have to be put in 1 way vs regular bulbs can go either way. After you finish wiring in the resistor turn the car on and try your turn signals for proper function. I didn't like the fast flash on my 11' and loss of sequential signal in the rear. This info should work on all 05-current models

Here is a pic of the wires to tap i found online.

user152201_pic59982_1269998548.jpg

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Glad you figured it out. I have them on my 08 but mine didn't require any modifiations. Just plug and play. The switchback function is awesome.

slynch68

Established Member
If you don't put a resistor in you will get fast flash and no sequential function on the 2010+. Easy mod to do but make sure you mount the resistor away from any wiring as they do get hot

Users who are viewing this thread