led turn signal question

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Hey guys I just installed some led turn signals in the car and my truck. I have the relay so they dont hyperflash. But not I have a problem where my turn signals stay illuminated on my dash, like its saying I have a bulb out. Has anyone else had this problem? And what did you do to fix it? I hear the resistors can work, but I was trying to avoid them if I dont need it.

Weslsew

Established Member
Where did you get them? I actually just installed eBay led tail light bulbs and the display on my radio and odometer turns off when the brake is pressed. I'm thinking there must be a short in one of the LEDs.

4601S/C

Established Member
If you're afraid of splicing the resistors, they sell plug in versions that fit our cars. I have seen them on ebay. A local LED specialty shop sells them in St. Louis (Diode Dynamics), but they are always sold out of them. I think they are $15 or so for sets of 2.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Last edited:

Weslsew

Established Member
They are from ebay. I couldnt justify 120 bucks for 6 bulbs and a relay off of am. You might be in the same boat a resistor might fix your issue. If there was a short I think your bulb would flicker on and off.

No I can wire them fine I just want to make sure that will fix my problem. so I need some of these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-50W-6-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cde0646db&vxp=mtr

I think you might be right. I guess our cars still need the resistors even with the ss flasher. I would imagine only one resistor per side would be necessary though, don't the lights for each bulb combine at the plug in the trunk? I didn't want to cut up my tail harnesses, but if I'm going to have to install resistors, I'm gonna also add the three wire sockets to the inner bulbs also.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I will do some research. Reading on the forum for my truck people don't have this problem. Maybe a different better relay will fix the issue as well? I'm waiting to see what they say there

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Ok I am going to add the resistors this weekend. I also noticed when my lights are on the cruise doesnt work nor does the turn signals themselves. When my lights are off during the day it all works but I get that flashing odometer display as well. Anyone add in the resistors to confirm they fix all of these issues?

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Don't you just hate it when someone leaves a thread hanging without following up and stating what did or did not fix the problem? Allow me...

Standing in Wal-Mart (automotive section), Kyle and I see they sell LED's. On the package, it says, No Error Codes. So he buys a set to try.

Problem fixed. All issues were address by some LED's bought at Wal-Mart. Think they were around $14 for a set of 2. Hope this helps someone.

Users who are viewing this thread