LED tail lights?

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I just have to pick up the new relay, but everything else works just fine, removed the resistors and the brake lights work correctly :shrug:

just need the upgraded flasher to eliminate "hyper flash"

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Im just gonna get one from vatozone, save 5 bucks shipping plus a little easier to match up FOR SURE. probably pick one up tomorrow

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
I still have my heavy duty relay in my garage. Just go up to the desk and tell them you need a flasher relay and they will give you the part number and they should have it in stock. It's yellow compared to the factory black If I remember correctly. If they dont have it in stock and really need the part number then let me know and I'll give you the numbers on it. It's a Ford part too because It has the stamp on the relay.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I still have my heavy duty relay in my garage. Just go up to the desk and tell them you need a flasher relay and they will give you the part number and they should have it in stock. It's yellow compared to the factory black If I remember correctly. If they dont have it in stock and really need the part number then let me know and I'll give you the numbers on it. It's a Ford part too because It has the stamp on the relay.

Is it one of these?

SF609.jpg

94-04 TURN SIGNAL FLASHER ASSEMBLY MUSTANG

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
i have all led's in mine ...front turns & rear. and brake lights. only thing i had to do, once i got the front leds in ...was order a special flasher

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
i have all led's in mine ...front turns & rear. and brake lights. only thing i had to do, once i got the front leds in ...was order a special flasher

Where did you snag your LEDs from?

And which flasher unit are you using?

I have a few bulbs from Recon and SuperBrightLEDs I am going to try out before I replace them all. I'm looking for the brightest available.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I like those recon bulbs but holy Christ are they expensive!

I think the 3157 bulbs are about $14 each. I ordered 2 to try out and got a 15% code.

You won't have to replace them for awhile either. :dancenana:

Depending on which is the brighest between the bulbs, I'm going to order the rest from either Recon or SBL.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
If you guys need any other info, let me know. But post up pics when you get it all squared away. Not to get this off topic but I'm thinking of doing another LED mod I seen somebody do on here.

SpectorV

Established Member
my friend had some reverse led's in his 08 gt and we are not sure if its due to his sequential tails or what but after he turns his car off the reverse lights stay on a little bit as if there is enough power in the system to keep them on~ not sure if its a capacitor on the sequentials or what, just fyi.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
my friend had some reverse led's in his 08 gt and we are not sure if its due to his sequential tails or what but after he turns his car off the reverse lights stay on a little bit as if there is enough power in the system to keep them on~ not sure if its a capacitor on the sequentials or what, just fyi.

Mine used to do that on my 98 GT. Not sure why they did that.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

It's because a LED bulb has different resistance then a conventional bulb. You can put a resistor in and the bulb will not glow. We have the reverse LED's on our car without resistors. They barely glow once the car is turned off. It doesn't bother me at all and it's not enough to drain a battery.

Hope that helps. Jared

20psirabbit

Established Member
does anyone make led bulbs with built in resistors? just so you don't have to chop and splice resistors into the harness everywhere.

BOLT330

Established Member
Anyone have pics of what wires the resistors are tapped into? Wired them up and am having the blinker go nuts...

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
does anyone make led bulbs with built in resistors? just so you don't have to chop and splice resistors into the harness everywhere.

I've tried LED bulbs in the tails and have not needed resistors. I think it might depend on the Flasher Module.

None with built in resistors that I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread