Led lights question

bighunt

Established Member
I recently got a festoon bulb that I put in my dome light, and a replaced my burnt out license plate bulbs with cool white led's. Love the looks it gave it, a lot "cleaner" to me.

My question is- I also got led reverse lights- so how do I get to the bulbs to install these?
Also- on my car ('99 cobra) what would I need to do to put some bright led's in for the brake lights? Because the amber turn signal works independently, correct? I like the looks of the led's and if I could get them brighter while doing it you'd better believe I will.

01MGSVT

Established Member
to get to the bulbs for the taillights is pretty simple, open your trunk and pull off the carpeted panel and plastic piece that sits around the latch, once that is removed youll see 4 bolts on each taillight, just take the nuts off and unplug the wiring harness and the light will come right out..i cant think right off the top of my head what youll need to get the turn signal to work with out it blinking really fast, i want to say its a relay but not sure..and you shouldnt need anything to get the brake lights converged to leds.... i also have the led license plate lights and really like them, put a pic up when you get the reverse lights in!! hope this helps :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread