LED Fog Lights

michaeljtrent

Established Member
First off, this isn't a post asking about them. I've done that research already.

I got a pair from Bob's Autosports after quite a few members here said they liked them. They were great lights. Loved the color and the overall look. My reason for posting here is because one of them quit working like it should. One of the 4 sides of the bulb no longer works. Now, I emailed them to see about a replacement and never heard back so here is my question.

Can you guys recommend a different, reliable brand or is everyone having little issues with their bulbs? Is it worth just going back to stock to avoid the hassle? Changing the fogs on this car is not just a 10 minute ordeal and I don't want to keep swapping them in and out.

As a side note. I also got the LED license plate and map lights. One of the license plate lights has also gone out thus my need to find a better quality light or just return to stock. Car looks plain silly with lights going out everywhere.

raustin0017

Established Member
I have the same bulbs...no problems. Installation: Only took a few moments. Start the car, turn steering wheel all the way to the left. Turn off car. You can now access the right side bulb with very little trouble. Reverse the procedure for the opposite side. Took me less than 5 minutes to do both.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Op, pm sent. We ran into a bad batch of leds from our supplier. I apologize for the inconvenience.

michaeljtrent

Established Member
Just realized that I sent my email last Friday (good Friday) and unlike me, they probably didn't have to come in to work :(. I have since gotten in contact with 2 people from Bob's and am working to replace the faulty light.

Didn't mean for my post to come across as a jab at Bob's Autosports. Great customer service to an apparently impatient customer. Thanks for your help guys.

As a side note, I think my license plate bulb going out has something to do with the car. I noticed it comes on sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone have a similar issue that can point me in a good starting point for troubleshooting?

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I bought some 14.00 per pair ones on ebay. working good so far. bot the greatest fro light, but they are the same color.

no way would I spend 60 bucks on a set of 5.00 LEd lights.

southpaw14_2004

Established Member
VLED has been the best way to go for me. They were back ordered for two weeks but well worth the wait.

vled.jpg

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
+1 for VLEDS driving light bulbs, though the 5K version will provide a better color match to our HIDs.

FWIW, I've had NO problems with the Bob's (Map and License Plate) I'm running, and found them to be very responsive in my dealings with them.

Users who are viewing this thread