Leave for ITB tomorrow... any suggestions?

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Not sure about the West Coast, but bring everything you got in bootcamp (Minus the dumb shit). You'll have more freedom to do stuff and buy things that you might need. Buy lots of socks, your feet are probably one of the most important parts of your body and you will be on them ALOT.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Not sure about the West Coast, but bring everything you got in bootcamp (Minus the dumb shit). You'll have more freedom to do stuff and buy things that you might need. Buy lots of socks, your feet are probably one of the most important parts of your body and you will be on them ALOT.

Yeah, my feet got jacked up in boot camp! That's definitely high on my priority list.

Do you know how to go about getting into the same platoon with your friends? Will you most likely be in the same platoon if you show up and check in at the same time?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Damn, there's some big ass hills out here, lol!

It's pretty cool out here at ITB though. The weekend liberty makes it worth it though.

03cobrah

Established Member
if your on the east coast you'll be fine but if your on the west coast i feel sorry for ya! ;) jk good luck, i remember mount mother ****er like yesterday it was a pita going up that thing. i'm sure your DIs mentally trained you enough to tackle the task.

gabe1530

Banned
ITB was easy. it will go by so fast and since your over 21 you will be able to have fun drinking at the beer garden. i had some good times getting hammered there.
btw, the hikes are ****en easy. dont stress out about that shit.

also, dont waste your money on all the shit there. ie: gear at the clothing store, knifes, or crazy phones. save your money while you can.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
also, what do you want to be? 0311, 31, 41, 51, 52?

They told me Id probably be an 0311 since Im Security Forces, but thats what I want to be. I know they spend most their time in the field but Im pretty motivated for it.

We're on D liberty this weekend so we have nothing to do but go to the PX and eat crappy food, lol. I've spent some dough on some things like new boots and needed supplies, but Im trying to save what I can. All the stuff Im gonna spend money on now is stuff I want, not useless supplies.

Also, how did you guys deal with shin splints? I've got really bad ones in mg left leg that hurt like a bitch! I can deal with the pain but Im a little worried about doing serious damage and getting dropped. Is it something that I should really be worried about?

gabe1530

Banned
you wont get to choose which mos you want. you get placed where the corps needs you.

i just bought some pain medication and stayed off my feet on the weekend since i have bad knees. i never dealt with chin splints or any of that so i dont know what to tell you except stay positive and push yourself. it will be over before you know it.

Users who are viewing this thread