Leather Seats Wearing Badly! Anyone with seat covers?

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
I've got a 10th anniversary cobra with the red and black leather seats and noticed the other day the the side bolster leather is wearing badly where I get in the car. My previous car had the same problem and actually wore a hole through the leather. Obviously I'd like to avoid ruining my expensive seats. Anyone here have seat covers or recommend any? Is it too tacky to put a seat cover on a cobra. It would be more for day to day use and I'd take them off for special occasions. I did a search and saw some have wet okote seatcovers and was wondering is there any other brands that are good and maybe not so expensive? Thanks for your help.

Lance :(

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
What I did to avoid the problem is buy a couple of those seatbelt pads that velcro around the belt for your shoulder and placed them on the lap belt portion. That way the pad always contacts the seat and not the nylon belt. Works great thus far.

A

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I wear jeans all the time, and I have some edgewear too, but its not bad. I just keep it clean and put tannery cream on it.

I'm also a big guy, so I make sure I get my ass out and around the seat bolster getting in/out.

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
it might be tacky, That's me! :kaboom:
but I have a covered set of seats that I will be selling shortly to make room for Kirkeys, so you guys that like to ride bareback can get a new change fo socks for your p-wagons. No rubs, no splatter stains, nothing so PM me if you are interested, I doubt if I will even have to put them in the classifieds and sell'm to someone putting together a Fobra.

01vert

Established Member
You can buy the stock cobra covers from ford and the regular ones only costy $170 through the hookup on this site. You could try just getting a new top cover rather than going to seatcovers. Try the warranty if still under, they should replace I would think

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
For anyone interested, here's the scoop on OEM replacement seat covers for 10th Anniversary Cobras. This information is about a year old, so the prices may have gone up. Get ready for sticker shock... :uh oh:

I was told that these are part numbers for front seat covers for a 2003 SVT Cobra Coupe. These are the black leather seats with red inserts that were standard equipment on 2003 10th Anniversary Cobras.

3R3Z-6364416-BAA LEFT & RIGHT SEAT BACK COVERS
3R3Z-6362901-BAA RIGHT LOWER SEAT COVER
3R3Z-6362900-BAA LEFT LOWER SEAT COVER

fordpartsnetwork.com…

3R3Z-6364416-BAA LEFT & RIGHT SEAT BACK COVERS $ 325 each
3R3Z-6362901-BAA RIGHT LOWER SEAT COVER $ 479
3R3Z-6362900-BAA LEFT LOWER SEAT COVER $ 322

svtperformance.com user “FORDSVTPARTS” quoted me the following:

Seat back covers: $264.42 each (List price $400.63 each)
These are the same left to right.

Seat lower covers Left Hand Side: $389.96 (Lists price $590.85 each)
Seat lower covers Right Hand Side: $264.42 (Lists price $400.63 each)

Bottom line: Take good care of your existing seat covers because it won't be cheap to replace them!!!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
A seat cover won't keep the leather from wearing. The weight of your body will still deform the leather when you're in the seat, causing cracks and wrinkles. The only way it will help is keeping the sun from drying it out as fast.

Users who are viewing this thread