leasing a car

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
update ...wife and I ended up buying a 2017 dodge grand caravan ....so far we are loving it ! The extra space is definitely needed with our family.

Great vans. The Stow-n-Go seats are a wonderful feature for versatility.

lilcoop03

Established Member
i'm loving it so far. IMO it rides better than the Honda. it has some balls too, 283 hp haha.

I was a salesman at a Chrysler dealership back in 07-08 (terrible time to be in the car business) but that's when they started putting some power in those grand caravans and town and countries...I remember they would blow the front tires off LOL

nxhappy

Established Member
I was a salesman at a Chrysler dealership back in 07-08 (terrible time to be in the car business) but that's when they started putting some power in those grand caravans and town and countries...I remember they would blow the front tires off LOL
LOL. pretty crazy. I'm just glad we have extra space now. It's like driving a cruise ship.

rborden

Established Member
thinking about leasing a car/suv for the wife. It would be about 30-50% cheaper than her current car (non leased) at $400/month. She drives like 5000 miles a year. I would like to sell her car before it drops value. I have never leased before ...is this a bad idea ???

A lease is the worst financial decision you can make. It’s more like a “fleece”.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
A lease is the worst financial decision you can make. It’s more like a “fleece”.

respectfully disagree to some degree. It depends upon the fine print as well as what we’re leasing. There’s a saying out there that if it drives, flies, floats or **... lease it. It’ll be cheaper in the long game.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I was told in ca you must still pay title license fees in cash. Meaning you can’t walk out with a lease for no money out of pocket. Is this true?

I have not heard of that, the lease i got on my 2018 fusion i put 0 down. Now maybe they use the Ford cash or incentives to pay that fee.The taxes are paid monthly. And the reg fees and everything were all rolled into the lease payments.

Now you still have to pay the yearly reg fee which that comes out of your own pocket. Same as insurance.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I have not heard of that, the lease i got on my 2018 fusion i put 0 down. Now maybe they use the Ford cash or incentives to pay that fee.The taxes are paid monthly. And the reg fees and everything were all rolled into the lease payments.

Now you still have to pay the yearly reg fee which that comes out of your own pocket. Same as insurance.
It was a Toyota dealers sales manager. Thanks

nxhappy

Established Member

most of the lease "deals" I found they wanted 2000-$4000 down and I have excellent credit. everyone is different but I am glad we bought vs lease.

nxhappy

Established Member
IMO the lease will only be worth is w/ 3 key things:

1) you don't need any money down
2) you drive 10k miles or less
3) you keep the paint and the body immaculate otherwise they WILL **** you

buffalosoldier

Established Member
When I started driving I bought an old piece of crap that used oil, wouldn't always start, bad tires, the list goes on an on. Todays kids start with a new car, often leased, but at least they are safe and reliable. And they don't have to push it or park on a hill.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
When I started driving I bought an old piece of crap that used oil, wouldn't always start, bad tires, the list goes on an on. Todays kids start with a new car, often leased, but at least they are safe and reliable. And they don't have to push it or park on a hill.

when my girls are 18, a new car will be $200,000 LMAO

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
most of the lease "deals" I found they wanted 2000-$4000 down and I have excellent credit. everyone is different but I am glad we bought vs lease.

If they cant do zero down on a lease i see no reason to get it. Your better off buying because if something happens your likey to get money back.

If you lease you lose that 2000-4000 if something happens and your looking for a new car.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Thats the problem with todays parents/kids they dont have to earn it.

Your example is a perfect reason to make there 1st car POS something they need to learn to respect.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I try to lease depreciating assets. Plus it’s a business expense and now I’m less than 10k miles per year.
I’m happy with my new Ram.
For a family truckster you’ll use with kids and life, plus not worrying about mileage, I can see buying used.
Only new cars I’ll buy are fun/sports cars I’ll keep.
-J

buffalosoldier

Established Member
My girls were not that happy about their first cars but they learned how to take care of them. Now they get what ever they want because they earn their own money..

Users who are viewing this thread